Thread: Diet Questions...

Thanks

Default Diet Questions...

I realize with Lupus, a low salt, lower protein diet is recommended.

With her being diabetic, low sugar is also in order.

Would a more raw foods based diet be best then? (Minus alfalfa because I read about the connection with that and flares)

Any ideas or suggestions on diet?

I myself, eat a lot of raw food (and organic) and didn't know if that would be beneficial.

Thank you all!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Diet is such a fine line with us. We must be careful about our protein intake, but we need protein to help our muscle strength. I, personally, try to get my protein from soy products.
    It is suggested that we eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits. We can eat fish, but we must be careful about seafood. I've given up salt entirely. I season with dry herbs and spices and (when I'm lazy) Mrs. Dash :lol:
    It is recommended that we follow the diet from the American Heart Association, making changes based upon our personal conditions.
    Any diet that she chooses must be one that helps her to maintain her strength, maintain a healthy weight and help to maintain her muscle strength.
    I know this was not very helpful, but because each of us suffer differently with our Lupus, our diet has to be just as individual.

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

i went on a modified version of the south beach diet which helped me tremendously, i still eat all the veggies and fruits and whole grain stuff i feel like eating.