Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid stupid fog.

Thanks

Default stupid stupid fog.

i can't think.

i feel like my memory is just shot. i was walking down the hall and forgot where i just came from. I'm struggling with spelling. Nothing looks familiar at all. its just so frustrating. People ask me to do a favor for them and i start panicking that i wont remember and i'll have to face the embarrassment of going back for another explanation. My friends are giving me funny looks and telling me to lay off the drugs. I'm just disappointing myself. I just want to be able to shake off this fog. This is the worst i've ever experienced it. Is it a continual thing? or does it usually come and go? I'm sure it differs for everyone, but any kind of reference would be nice.

until then, i'm writing down things i need to do, and asking how to spell 'sympathize.' It still looks wrong if you ask me...

Alanah

Thanks

I'm not a good speller at all, worse person for help there. My fog comes and goes. I have a tablet on my fridge, one next to my bed and a little one in my purse, some sticky notes too around the house. They help a lot. I'm in a state of fog too right now, hard to get the words from my brain to computer screen. I go to a room to get something, can't remember what. Go to tell my kids or hubby something and forget in mid-sentence. It is very frustrating, specially when no one understands. Here people do understand first hand, and help so well. Hope you have a better day. :P
    Cheryl

Thanks

Alanah,

It gets worse than it gets better. Always changing up.

One day frustrated the next giving yourself an atta girl for remembering how to spell sympathize. When a day is clear, for me it is exhilarating. I feel like I achieved the impossible. Get an extra skip in my walk and say, this is going to be a great day...woohoo.

When I am looked at with a question mark...I say, Hey it's not me, it is this Lupus thingymajiggy...ah er...

I feel the more I think about it and worrysome over it, I forget more. Why take the blame, I point my fingers at IT.

Drugs can cause a fog too, especially if on many different ones, the combo effect. Lack of sleep. Lack of oxgenated blood. Low vitamin B's. Anemia...ah so many things that can contribute.

When I forget and try to recall if feels like my thoughts hit a brick wall, like I can't open the file. And no matter how hard I pull on the drawer or push the wall, nothing. It feels dead, like my thoughts are flat yet they are functioning because I am trying to figure out how to get in, in my thoughts. One could go mad thinking about it. If I am thinking, but can't get in, am I really thinking.. :shock:

Relaxing I find helps to let it flow...maybe it is a slow blood flow to the brain we feel? Nerve cconnectivity...humm?

Who am I and what am I doing here,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Mine also comes and goes...I have a very hard time remembering common words, especially if I am face to face with someone.

It is such a horrible feeling to be in a professional work situation and then to forget a simple word like "compromise" or some such.

A really bad day I forget what I am doing on the computer every other minute. What was I just going to save? Which folder? Where is it? Back into my email to jog my memory...wash, rinse, repeat!!

Thanks

Default It's the meds...

Yah that it...the meds...

What meds?

What were we talking about....

Oh look a cookie

Thanks

You made me laugh....out loud...Sits in the corner...

Chuckling,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I write grants for a non-profit. If I wasn't able to 'cut and paste' from other grant documents I wrote BEFORE I got sick, I don't think I could do this job anymore! 'Course, that works only if I remember HOW to cut and paste! :roll:
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mnjodette;
    what a coincidence! I, too, write grants for non-profit and faith-based organizatios. Have you found that recently, funders have been almost closing their doors? Also, many of them have changed their priorities and changed their formats? So much so that organizations that were once eligible no longer fit their priorities.
    It has been frustrating and maddening to me!!!

I understand the cut and paste/copy and paste phenomenon completely!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

SaySusie and Mnjodette, I also work for a not for profit! I do not write grants, but I'm HR and gather/write/request all of the insurance certificates and information (workers comp, disability) to satisfy the requesters.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Small world huh? Three of us being involved with non-profit organizations!

:lol:

Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!