Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Introduce Yourself!

Hi all!

If you're new here, or even if you've been around a while, please post here and let us all know a little about yourself.

Welcome to our forums and we hope you enjoy our community and new updated features!

Thanks

I share my life with the most wonderful woman Carolyn - my doctor/nurse/caregiver/companion/lover. In Oct 1998 I was dx with SLE involving my Kidneys (Nephritis) and blood vessels Vaculitis. My SLE is in remission. I also was treated for NH Lymphoma (a side effect of immune suppressants) in 2002 and it is in remission. We live in Indy (Indianapolis). I am a Vietnan Vet MSGT USAF Retired
    [b]My prayers are with you.
    May the
    God of Peace be with you ...Don

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My name is Saysusie :lol:
    I am the moderator for this Lupus Community. I am married (32yrs in May).
    This site was designed and developed by our "Most Beloved Administrator" in memory of my daughter, Lauri Amber Reinke-Diggs.
    I was diagnosed with SLE in 1985 and have been in semi-remission since 1997 (meaning, I still have symptoms and flares, but can control them without Lupus medication). I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which is still active; IBS which is still active and TMJ which is still active.
    I live in Southern California and I maintain my sanity by singing, writing songs with the "Most Beloved Administrator" and teaching those songs to our church congregation.
    For those of you who do not know him...Let me say a word about the administrator of this board. He has provided this forum for us, free of charge. He cares for the site and makes sure that it is working propery, is in a good position and that it provides many links. He has also been my friend for many years and I just want to give him a "Shout Out!" to let him know that his is appreciated and that WE ALL thank him for providing the "WeHaveLupus" site!!
    I thank each and everyone of you for your participation and I hope that we will always be a place where you can all find comfort, support, information and acceptance :lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I'm Missy and have been dx with Lupus Nephritis Type IV since December 2003 - currently on all kinds of drugs to keep me in the semi-holing pattern I'm currently in. I've been married for 5 years to my fabulously supportive husband, and am currently not working due to my health. My little sister also has Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease and Raynaud's. My Lupus seems to be "renally exclusive" and my biggest problem is dealing with the meds. I've become a domestic goddess since not working, and enjoy cooking, sewing, knitting, traveling, speaking Spanish, and taking care of my dog. I also am highly addicted to cycling, even though I don't have the endurance to participate in the sport any longer. Viva le Tour de France!

Missy

Thanks

Default HI Missy

Missy - We have alot in common. I was dx with lupus nephritus in 11/03. I, too, became a domestic goddess after my dx. I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband who offers support for me to do this. I, too, seem to have lupus that "loves" just my kidneys. My problems also have been dealing with the meds. I have had a rough go of it, but now, after 6 months of chemo, I am on only 2 mg of pred every other day. I started cellcept on Monday. I find this site encouraging. Please stay in touch!

Thanks

Default hi

hi everyone i would like to introduce myself, my name is jaine, and i live in victoria, australia. i have been a lupus sufferer for nearly 13 years. at the moment i am not to bad apart with having to cope with severe depression.. thank you for letting me join your site, i will return soon..jaine...
    jaine chapman