Thread: New Member

Thanks

Default New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus but will not know until next week which kind. My main problem is my eyes. They are scaley at times and at other times red, puffy and itchy. This coupled with aching and fatigue.

Does anyone experience eye symptoms? Is it only made worse when using any kind of moisturizing creams, soaps or toners?

I am a 64 year old female looking forward to enjoying my 7 grandchildren and now am concerned mainly with my energy level.

Joan

Thanks

Welcome Joan. I was disagnosed a bit late in life, too (at 56) and have been living with the reality for a while now. I don't experience the eye symptoms you have, but have experienced mind-numbing fatigue, joint pain, pericarditis, pleurisy, neuropathy in my leg, and the classic malar rash. I also have fibromyalgia, Sjogren's Syndrome and Raynauds. Sjogren's is particularly common in women over 50, so it makes me wonder if some of your eye discomfort could be related to that. It's not unusual for someone to have more than one autoimmune disease. One of the meds that seems to help the fatigue level is Hydroxychloroquine (commonly, Plaquenil.) It takes a while to 'kick in'. Perhaps your doctor will consider prescribing that for your symptoms.

I have just 1 grandchild, but I truly understand what you mean about wanting the energy to enjoy your grandkids. They are such a joy! I always say my granddaughter is my reward for not killing her father when he was a teenager. :lol: :lol:

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Joan
    Mnjodette has given you excellent information and advice. I just wanted to pop in to also welcome you to our family. I know you will find very informative, understanding and comforting people here who are willing to help you whenever you need it.
    Keep us posted as to what type of Lupus your doctors feel that you have!

Once Again .... Welcome!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Joan,

Welcome, welcome...how are you today? Eyes feeling better?

I have SLE and Sjogrens Syndrome too..little daily tears but plenty for crying though. If, I am too tired or too cold to wash my face before retiring..a woman's sin, but. My eyes feel crusted over, but nothing visible. Dry and itchy from cosmetics I believe.

Perhaps maybe an ingredient. I know my skin, not me is temperamental to dimethicone and its forms.

I also have malar in the usual locale...cheeks and over the nose. Mild these days..nothing that a bit of facial puddy and dusting doesn't cover. Times I have red scales spotches. Yesterday one appeared.

Energy, the key is to maintain a reserve by resting and managing your activities. Sometimes we tend to feast when it is high and only to find when we wake up the fooling day we are in famine. Exhausted, in pain...

Make a list for the day of do's then cut it half and save the rest for tomorrow.

Have fun with the grandbabies...
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I have had one heck of a time figuring out how to use this message board but with a little help from my son, here I am replying to your wonderful and caring messages!!!!!

Thank you Jody, Saysusie and Oluwa. You are all amazing. I now am ready to go to my doctor on Tuesday armed with questions. Aren't they going to love this!!!

I cannot tell you how blessed I feel with this support. I am hoping to get more "user friendly." You are in my daily prayers.

Saysusie, I have read a lot of your messages from the faith site and you have been through so much and yet are so committed to each of us. Bless you!!!

With love and hugs,

Joan

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are very welcome Joan. Yes, I am truly, inexorably, and most earnestly committed to everyone here for as long as I can!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Joan,

You are welcome Joan.

Tomorrow is your appointment, eh? Please let us know how it goes...

Keep well,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.