Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Weekend & Bad Day

Thanks

Default Bad Weekend & Bad Day

No sleep Friday and Saturday; pain FM & joint pain, muscle leg pain and spasms. Couldn't bend legs. Took Vicodin and it didn't even calm it down. GRRRRRR :evil:

My eyes are red no matter how many drops I put in them. Doctor is calling in Restasis (spelling?) to create tears.

My mouth is full of sores and not eating; though I somehow picked up 2 lbs. I cried because my family went to the home show and I didn't; too much pain in my legs. Cancelled dentist appointment; no way in this shape!!! ops:

Today, I went grocery shopping and tried to use my debit card; which I never use. The person in front of me took 30 minutes to check out; I was getting frustrated and put my head down on my purse in the cart in sheer defeat. My legs started hurting with pain running up the front of my shins. :twisted:

I couldn't remember the pin number if my life depended on it. I was so frustrated and out of energy. I called the bank and they told me they didn't "know" the number as I would need to rekey it. I just fell apart in sheer frustration. Angry and crying on my way to pick up my daughter; late. I went home to get a check so I could return to the store to get my groceries which they kindly put in the freezer.

One frustration after another. I am really sorry for whining. I am praying tomorrow is better. Does it get any better? Between it all, I am tired of IT. All these meds; for what? Too many and too expensive!! Any suggestions or ideas? I am feeling lost and very alone! :cry:

Faith

Thanks

God Bless You, you poor thing. I have no suggestions, I don't take hardly any meds (I don't like them and can't afford either). So I'm not much help there. All I can offer you is my ears, talk to me all you want. Venting can be clensing I must admit, it helped me. I so understand your frustration, not to long ago I wanted to run to my room and cry and never come out, why bother? I still fight with my emotions, my kids need me and that keeps my head on (even if a little crooked,lol). The people here, you too, is what helped most. I needed someone to hear and understand me, no one at home cares to hear (they just roll their eyes as if to say "here we go again"). I had the same problem with my card, never hardly use it and the bank really doesn't know your #. I called and told that I lost my pin, the card was of no use. They mailed me a new pin I had to reactivate, maybe your bank will do that or see if you can get a new card and shred the old?
    Always here to lend an ear, I love to and it helps me feel better too. It's the least I can do for the help I was given, to pay it back by helping someone else if I can. Some, like me, feel better when they see an understanding person reply (not like the people around me who say they do, but rolling those eyes when they think your head's turned). Sorry if I sound corny, I have the words in my head for you, just not coming out the same when typing them (head foggy today). Hope you have a better week, gentle hugs and my support to you............... did you get it?(lol) :angel:
    Cheryl

Thanks

Faith,

If I was in the grocery line, I would have paid for your groceries. Sometimes a small act of kindness can turn a upside down in a rightside one for someone, even a stranger.

Funny when I am not feeling well, everything too seems to go wrong, but I really believe it we were well, without chronic pain, we could, we would laugh and say silly me, I left my brain at home. I'll be right back...

We drop a glass on Monday, it is horrific and we fall down in tears, we drop and break a glass on Tuesday..we sweep it up and move on. Pain can break us. Daily woes become magnified when not feeling well. When I feel like that I wish someone else would grab the reins. Hope you have someone...

Meds...are you on mail order? I am sure DSHS has a program for prescription supplements or ask the doctor to prescribe, lets say two a day for thirty days, knowing you are on only one day so your prescription can last for sixty days. That would help especially if you are on a co-pay. Check it out.

It does get better as we change our heart and spirit about IT, about life, our perception of it. Last year I was running out of rope, out of hope and all along I had the tools, and forgot to use them. My faith, my books, my family, my friends...fretting over what once was, what may have been doesn't allow us to live this day. To be thankful, and envelope ourselves in the minutes of each day. Be it in a berry, a memoir, a photograph, the scent of a Gardenia, or a hug of someone dear. And when it doesn't seem so easy, it may be hard but ask, can you hug my head today. I love mine hugged, I feel like a little girl, small and secure...

Today, doing the best that I can, despite of IT and I hope you are too.
    Hugging your head, squeeze.
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

<hugs>

I'm sorry you had a bad couple of days, Faith!! Everything does seem to go wrong all at once, then other times when we are feeling well everything is fine. Hang in there, good days will come!

Thanks

Come to think of it, I have to agree with Oluwa. When we're in pain we do handle things badly and we're more sensitive to our surroundings. When we're happy, not much matters or bad things don't seem to hard to handle. Thanks Oluwa, food for thought. Next time things seem so horrible, I'll try to think how I would normally handle it on a good day. For the meds, my Mom recommended the $4 program at Wal-mart or Walgreens, worth a shot.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Faith, my dear friend, my heart goes out to you. I so very much understand what you're going through. Some days you really ARE up to the challenge of this disease...some days just getting out of bed is a major accomplishment. I pray you'll find the tools you need to cope. In the meantime, we're here for you - ready and willing to lend you an ear and send you a hug.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Faith? Faith?

Today any better or did you stub your toe and dripple coffee on your blouse?

Happy Valentine's Day,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Such a cute avatar Jody...

Happy Valentine's Day
    Oluwa

Thanks

Love your avatar, too, Oluwa. Fun to 'change it up', huh?

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Cheryl_v, Oluwa, Jody & luvwine2007,

Thank you for the words of encouragement and support ladies. It's nice to know others understand the sheer frustration and sometimes feelings of hopelessness. I don't feel soo bad about the pen Cheryl; someone else experienced this too. I am going to rekey it tomorrow and write it down in my purse. Thank you for the understanding and gentle hugs.

I think Oluwa was right in that our feelings are magnified when we aren't feeling well. Thank you for the kind words and saying you would have paid for my groceries; I cried happy tears when I read that. I am on mailorder meds and may very well hit up my doctors or double the amount. What is DSHS? You lost me on that one Oluwa.

I guess I am where you were last year; running out of rope. I have my faith, family, books and friends. I pray everyday thankful for all things good and bad. I need to reach the point of embracing the minutes of each day. Thank you for the head hug; I felt it. How are you feeling and did your tests come back yet?

luvwine, you are correct everything does seem to go wrong all at once. Thank you for the hugs and kind words.

Jody, my heart goes out to you too. I know you haven't been doing well either. Some days we are up to the challenge of this disease and others are a definate struggle. Thank you for the ear, understanding and the hugs. How are you feeling?

Oluwa, no stubbing my toe today; you make me laugh!! What would we all do without your sense of humor? My clothes dryer is about to die; so I am debating putting $$$ into or buying new. Whew, was I in shock!!! I might have to take out a 2nd on my house to afford a new washer/dryer set. lol. My repairman said it may not be worth the cost for the repair.

Mmm, do I save a lot of money and pray nothing else goes wrong or get a new set? The good news, they have pedestals for front loads so you don't have to bend over; that is a huge selling point for those of us with Fibromyalgia and back pain.

Mouth sores are almost gone; low back and hand pain has not left all week and another rash has appeared on my back. It's okay. . . . . . I am hanging in there along with my eyelid wipes. lol. It cracks me up at some of the rediculous things we have to do for this disease. lol. You have to laugh or you just kinda cry; nah not today.

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!! What did you do on your special day? I hope you all had a blast and that it was pain free. Again, thank you and bless you for your kind words and understanding.

God Bless,

Faith