Thread: Hey all.. Question ? Lupus or Lyme ?

Thanks

Default Hey all.. Question ? Lupus or Lyme ?

I've been in and out for past few weeks - But wanted to drop by and say hello - Hope everyone is feeling well - Question - this may sound a bit strange but ( has anyone been diagnosed with Lupus and had equivicol lyme results ? ) Curious because that's what my lastest and greatest blood work says - now I'm a bit confused - The symptoms are nearly the same - Just wanted to throw it out there as I thought it was something someone might know better then I ... Thanks for any feedback

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi VW :lol:
    What you are experiencing is actually not that uncommon :? The symptoms of Lupus can resemble the symptoms of many syndromes and disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, Still's disease, rheumatic fever, Lyme disease, multiple sclerosis, thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura, cryoglobulinemia, Weber-Christian disease, viral infections, vasculitis, psychosis, and other conditions. Other autoimmune disorders, such as Sjogren's syndrome or scleroderma, may even be present as a co-conditions. There is no single test can definitively confirm or rule out Lupus and a number are required before Lupus can be diagnosed definitively.
    The fact that Lupus can have symptoms that resemble so many other disorders is one of the reasons why it takes sooooo long to get a definitive Lupus diagnosis. Continued testing is required in order to rule out these other disorders and/or to determine if they are co-conditions with Lupus.
    Hang in there, we know what you are going through :?

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks- they have given me a DX of lupus - however I asked my rheumy to test me for lyme recently- she looked a bit confused but whatever - it came back equivacol ( is or isn't ) I guess ... Thanks for the support