Thread: kidney biopsy test ,(help needed)

Thanks

Default kidney biopsy test ,(help needed)

hi if anyone's have any experiece about kidney biopsy test i would be grateful if anyones can share me their experice coz am really scared of this test which am suppose to undergo next week
    kindly anyone help me out here,

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hy Lyss
    I've been for two already, it was just a short procedure, where they inserted a needle through my back and extract small pieces of my kidney.
    I had to stay in bed for about 24 hrs after that.

some pain and discomfort after but not much. U'll be ok.
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

hi morpheus thanks for the help am really gratefull a little relief,but not completely relief i still have a small question,do you fell pain during the procedured?thats really my fearfullness,i would be completely relief if you can tell me fom ya experience.
    thanks alots

Thanks

Default Biopsy

Hey, Lyss,
    You were due for your biopsy today. How did it go? Please post when you can. Your friends here are thinking of you.

Susan

Thanks

My fiancee had one done (she's in stage 4 kidney nephritis) and she said the actual THOUGHT of the procedure was worse than the procedure itself.

She had a little discomfort and had to be in bed for a day but other than that, it was pretty basic.

Like everyone else said, they insert a needle and test a very small portion of kidney tissue to measure what kind of scar tissue percentage there is (thereby figuring the rate and progression of kidney disease or damage).

Thanks

Default hi

hey susan thanks for worrying bout me,anyways my biopsy was not done bcoz the doctor says it will not be necessary rite now coz i undergo urine and blood test before the day am suppose to do biopsy and the kidneys working well and all other test was normal and blood and protein are much less than before so he wants to wait for 1months if its serious i will need to undergo biopsy,anyways ifi will go thru the test i will let yu know the results....cya for the time being hope everythings will be good with g-d grace.

Thanks

Default Biopsy Test

Lyss,
    So glad to hear your kidneys are doing well and the test was cancelled. May the blessing continue for you.

Susan