Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Low body temperature

Thanks

Default Lo body temp

Hi
    When the disease is "more" active my body temperature is all over the place. Normal body temp for me is 97 or less. I can be freezing when everyone else
    is hot, conversely when I get a little overtired I start burning up. Thyroid etc is normal. Personally, I think the disease just messes with the body's ability to regulate and respond to both internal and external factors.
    I have had lupus for 30 years and have yet to hear a reason for any of this.
    Katina

Thanks

wow, my mom always had a low body temp...just another clue that we believe she had undiagnosed lupus.

Thanks

I'm always cold too. Before they diagnosed me with lupus I was fine but now I'm always cold. My friends will ask me how I'm cold becuase it will be the middle of the summer and I'll wear a sweatshirt around the house. When we go to football games and things I'm the one who stands there shaking ha ha. They'll be cold too but I'll be freezing. I blame it on Lupus, because I seriously think that's what it is.

Thanks

I wouldn't doubt if it was lupus, IT causes so much. By the way, love your screen-name .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Default Low temp

I have low temps, 96.4 is normal for me and as others have said 99 is high and I feel sick. I also have raynauds and my feet hands and nose is usually cold. Had a hysterctomy at a fairly young age and now at 50 I seem to have one awful case of menapause, hot flashes non-stop. Will break out in a heavy sweat, just walking across the room, and we have central air. Two minutes later I will be cold. Not sure if that helps, but between the lupus and the menapause, my body is totally confused.

Thanks

LOLOL - I get the sweats something AWFUL, and Im NOT in menopause (offically checked by doc). Then it stops and my body feels ICE COLD ..brrr. I find I sweat at night on and off, and have been lately. I thought the steroids may be contributing...Have had to wash my sheets and pillowcases (its my head that perspires the most - weird?) constantly.
    Thinking back, I cant tell you how many times Ive been to the doc, feeling like junk and saying, "I feel like I have a fever" and them saying "But, you dont"
    THere are SO MANY THINGS that we all share, that docs know nothing about - its insane! This disease REALLY needs some research done...I read on the LFA website that there has been no new diagnostic tools OR new medications for lupus patients in FORTY YEARS!! That is nothing short of dispicable...Thus, we go years being sick without any treatment, treated like crazy people. Then, when we DO get diagnosed, the only treatments available are mostly toxic, and cause us even more symptoms. OK, Is it me?? This is a problem. But, you know, thank God that they found a cure for impotence....
    Lauri
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7