Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Low body temperature

Thanks

I too usually have a low temp, and lately it has been in the 99's which for me is a fever! everyone i am so depressed and frustrated...
    I am still sick and i went into the hemotologist and oncologist on thursday last week and my wbc is up to 25,000! i feel like every day i just keep getting worse and worse, my back is in soooo much pain and i can barly get up... all i want to do is sleeeep sleeep sleeeep ! they now think that i have cancer somewhere in my body? i mean really how much more of this guesssing game can one take? I had a pelvic ultrasound done yesturday to see if possibly polycystic ovarian cancer? Im 24!
    my rash has gone almost completley away, but my skin still has weird spots, i cant eat any dairy no cheese milk eggs, nothing, i cant drink any alcohol! i instantly get a rash, this is soooooo frustrating, i am so sick of being sick!! i just want my normal life back!

sorry for ranting

Thanks

I am part of the Cold Club too. My normal body temp is usually 97.5, so 99 is a bit of a fever.

I also have a very hard time warming up. The house is 72, and I am completely bundled up trying to stay warm. I just can't seem to warm up this winter.

Joakris....hope you feel better soon and get good news from your drs!

Thanks

Count me in, too. When I'm warm, people are stifling hot and opening windows. I'm not good at taking my temp regularly, but when I"m feeling ill or colld all the time, then hot, and I think I could have a fever, it is always in the 97s.

It can't be menopause, I'm 30 and use a progesterone releasing IUD for cirth control, I've had my Thyroid tested more times than I can count and I monitor my blood pressure because of Lupus Nephritis.

Who knows.....it happens in the summer, too. I'm always the one with the most clothes on. All I know, is that my quilts my mother-in-law made us that hang over my couches are my best friends in the world, as well as my feather bed and down comforter.
    Missy

Thanks

Im also normally very low in temperature 94-95 my family if they dont know what to buy me something for christmas/birthday its some kind of heating something my personal fav is my heating throw best gift i ever got.

Thanks

Me too lately. My body temp for years was 97-98, fevers at 101. The last few months its been 94-95, can't tell when I have a fever. I actually threw away my old thermometer after 14 yrs, thought it was to old to test acuately. New one had the same readings, needless to say I got the old one out of my bedroom trash can (good thing only tissues in there,lol). Tested again using both, and both the same results. Like today I'm 95, yesterday 94. Doc didn't think anything of it either, but if I actually get a fever how will they know if they base it on 101 or above? How ill will I be with that temp? Took my yearly blood work and everything (wbc,rbc, T3,T4, thy, etc.....) came back normal. I feel cold, then sauna heat back and forth. Skin be pink and flushed and it'll be 96-97, I don't understand either. I thought, once again, it was just me.

I'm 34, love tomato sadwhiches with mayo and chinese food, don't like tv but love music and reading books and going for walks when I'm capable. Absolutely love coffee (reg.,decaf, inst., don't matter) :morning:
    Cheryl

Thanks

Default I'm usually about 96 or if I'm warm 97.

From my ankles down to my toes are freezing numb cold. When I go to bed my hands, nose, butt, and feet are so cold they hurt.

I recently purchased a memory foam mattress and polar fleece fitted sheets. While I'm still cold going to bed, by morning I'm toasty warm. Which makes if very hard to crawl out of bed to start my day. I love a hot bath, but it's frustrating because the water will feel burning hot to my feet hands and bottom, but the rest of me will feel the water temp as being cool, which is NOT nice. I hope you all can make your way through my terrible spelling and typos.

Thanks

i've been getting night sweats pretty much every night for the past two weeks, i wasnt sure if it was just like.. a phase, or something. it crossed my mind that it could be associated with sle, but i wasnt sure... me being 17 i'm seriously doubting the menopause = P but it isnt too troublesome i guess, just uncomfortable waking up all sweaty.. and i've gotten very much used to mild discomforts lately...

Thanks

I feel all greasy when I rise. Greasy with a cold nose and toes...hummm.

Maybe if we were all in one room, it would be a self generated sauna...

Being half Finnish, I know how hot they can really get. The one we grew up with was the authentic bathing house at my MooMoo's (Grandma's). Washed from head to toes ever weekend. A family affair.

Running well water, a firewood stove to heat the rocks. Benches, light by lanterns, cedar branches..and lots of steam.

The sauna is still used today...when I go up north for a holiday we say fire up the sauna and invite everyone. No silly, men with men, women with women...young old...bathe together.

I gave my Mum her last sauna bath...I miss her so much. I love you Mum.

Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

I too have a low temp. 96.8 (instead of 98.6) always have. I have always been the coldest one in any house until the last six months. My poor husband has been freezing while I've been stripping down to my underwear and keeping the thermostat on 64. That is until last week...Now I'm freezing again. It has been really lovely outside (70's) and I've been wearing thermal socks, sweaters with many layers underneath. I'm in the polar ice caps all the time. My internal temperature has not changed. NO CHANGE. I too wake up greasy though. I've always had normal-dry skin, but not first thing in the morning any more. Body fluctuations are driving me batty.
    AB

Thanks

Default Temperature

Hello, Everyone,
    I must weigh in on the "hot" side. I have tended to rock between 101 and 102 every afternoon for 7 to 8 years (even before my Lupus diagnosis). I do not generally get "chills" with this, just feel very tired and sleepy with hot cheeks every afternoon. I haven't a clue what is making you guys temp so low, but let me warn you, as a health care professional (RN), the medical people ARE NOT taking you serious when you tell them about your low temp. I have seen it blown off by other nurses and physicians (I have been an ER nurse for 20 years) for many, many years. Patients come in with a 99 or 100 temp, feeling like they are "burning up", and the nurses and doctors go, "blah, blah, blah" (behind their backs). This is a terrible thing to say about my collegues, but I wanted to tell you this, so that if you are to ever get answers, you may have to shake them and say, "Look, I am not crazy. I bought a new thermometer. I take my temperature regularly. I know this is accurate!" Sometimes we (as patients) have to really work to get their attention. This, I am afraid, is one of those issues that will require some work. Thought you should know.
    I have an extremely low white count. My b-cell lymps are"5" and should be at least "80." I often ask them how they are going to tell when I am really sick, when my lymphocytes don't ever go up, it seems, and my temp is always up. Another little trick the big L has pulled.
    I love shrimp, nearly all kinds of seafood, and fruit desserts.

Susan