Thread: Little Flare for Me

Thanks

Default Little Flare for Me

Hey everyone -
    Well, I planted some flowers in my garden, and became obsessed, and bought more. I used a lot of sunblock the first day outside, tried to stay out of sun and wore hat. The next day, I felt great!! Soooo, I did it again that day. Im thinking I wasnt as careful as the day before, and then went food shopping (I know - pretty stupid). Well, of course, today I feel like junk - sooooo tired...rash on face and arm, out of it (feel drugged), and just plain lousy.
    Why is it so hard for me to follow directions and take care of myself? I think there is still a little denial going on, maybe. Well, that has to change , because Ive been feeling really good lately, and I want to stay that way. Im bummed, because alot of my flowers are not planted yet, and sitting in my driveway saying, "Plant me!!" I cant today though. I have to stay in and get my groove back on.
    I do have one bit of good news, however, and that is that Ive LOST weight!! I think I was so fatigued and immobile these past few months, that the steroids have actually boosted my metabolism. I dont care why, Im just happy about it!! Ive been waiting to blow up like a balloon!!
    Hope everyone is doing well - its been soooo hot here in Boston...and humid....You walk outside and you are immediately soken wet!!
    Take care all -
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Happens to me too.

Was feeling great Monday morning. Went and overdid. Still felt good Monday night. Overdid on Tuesday --- spent the entire evening and next day in pain. Severe joint pain. For now, I need a cane to walk.

Lesson learned: I'm an idiot and will probably remain an idiot because I am sure to have future amnesia and do the same stupid things again as soon as I feel better.

Take heart, you are not alone.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have to admit that I too love to garden but I am a bit crazy I guess. I was in the garden today at 6:30am. yep--I keep weird hours but I do get things done. I found that it is the only way that I can keep my sanity sometimes. I love the out doors so I started to garden early in the morning and go night fishing .

hope you feel better soon---gentle hugs

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Don't feel too bad Lauri. My mind still forgets that my body has limitations too. I love the outdoors as well. Yard work, sailing, flying my model planes. I get carried away enjoying myself and pay for it the next day. I used to hate yard work as a kid. Now I get a rather perverse satisfaction from making all the lines perfectly straight when I mow the lawn. Of course when I was a kid, I had a plain old push mower with no bells and whistles. Now I have a fancy shmancy tractor with all the options, so it's kinda fun, like racing around in the go-karts at the amusement park. I'm glad to hear you are doing well weight wise. I've been anticipating getting bloated from my last IV steroid treatment, but fortunately, it hasn't happened. It was humid here yesterday. Yuck. sounds like Boston is the same way. Anyhow, you'll learn to know your limits with time. Of course, we all forget once in a while. No biggie. Have a good night!

Rob

Thanks

Such a familiar story, Lauri. Sorry you got paid back for all of that sun-time! It's just not fair, huh? We all do it. I feel much like you describe when I overdo - rashes, aches, my eyes feel swollen (like I'm looking out of slits) and I feel drugged. But, maybe it's worth it - we can't sit indoors or sit still ALL the time. And sometimes all the precautions in the world won't stop IT from taking a swipe at us. You've got to have a life, right? Just do all you can to protect yourself; set a moderate pace - and hope for the best! Hope you're feeling better....

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Oh yeah, we've ALL been there, repeatedly!

I like lornak's idea of gardening VERY early - before the sun is too intense. We're told to stay out of the sun, and even those who are NOT sun sensitive are told to stay out of it from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., or more conservatively, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

So 6:30 a.m. gardening - a good thing! (just don't run the lawn mower if you value your relationships with your neighbors!) 8)

See the sunscreen post form a week or so ago - many sunscreens don't work. I found that to be AWFUL news....

Take care my fellow gardeners - and remember, a weed is merely a lovely plant adding greenery and background around the flowers....
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Thank you all, I dont feel so guilty now!! I was a good girl yesterday, though, and laid on the couch with the AC most of the day. I could see my half-planted flowers on the driveway....waiting...lol. I did go out last night to my meeting, came home and ate ALOT of ice cream, and slept well. I still have that "lingering" flare feeling (do you know what I mean?) That - "I could sleep more, but Im not in a walking coma" feeling... But, I am better than yesterday, so Im grateful.
    Today is BEAUTIFUL in Boston - no humidity, a light breeze...so nice. Much easier to work in. Im still going to sit in the shade to finish the flowers today though. I cannot afford to feel lousy tomorrow as Im having my Jack's 10th birthday party!! A pool party, of course, but my hubby will be here to help, of course. So, I must feel OK tomorrow.
    Hope everyone is having a nice day...and enjoy the weekend!
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7