Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: high blood pressure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl_v
    Yeah!! I'm so glad your bp is down, I hope it stays that way. Good luck on quit smoking, its a great feeling when your done. You feel and breath so much easier. Ta-ta .
    Thanks Cheryl. I'm happy I'm quitting. I know it's a horrible habit. My day to quit is the 20th. You take the pills for 2 weeks and you can still smoke. From my past experience with Zyban, you gradually have less of a desire to smoke. By the 2nd week, you pretty much wake up and forget to smoke. It really works. This sounds like an infomercial for Zyban.

Thanks

Default Zyban

WantItGone,
    Sound like an infomercial all you want. I have been struggling with how I am going to quit, I need to so badly. You have given me food for thought. I may just ask my doc for a prescription (I have good med coverage, too). I have listened to tapes, my husband and son hate it, I am a nurse and know I should not, but still I do. Perhaps you have nailed what it will take for me.

Thanks!
    Susan

Thanks

Your welcome Wantitgone . Good luck to you as well Suzique. I won't lie, quitting is so hard, but so worth it. If for some reason Zyban is not covered by your ins. (mine didn't cover it), ask doc to give you a script of Welbutrim. Doc said they have same active ingredients, just that Welb. is an anti-depresssant. So it's always covered by ins., I took it for a little while and haven't smoked since (2-1/2yrs). My hubby takes it for stress from work for the last 2yrs, didn't quit though. He did go from 3-4 cartons a month of full flavor 100's to 1 carton a month of ultra lite 100's (all within 4-6 wks). Not as good as my outcome, but a big improvement. Hope this helps :P .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Your welcome Wantitgone . Good luck to you as well Suzique. I won't lie, quitting is so hard, but so worth it. If for some reason Zyban is not covered by your ins. (mine didn't cover it), ask doc to give you a script of Welbutrim. Doc said they have same active ingredients, just that Welb. is an anti-depresssant. So it's always covered by ins., I took it for a little while and haven't smoked since (2-1/2yrs). My hubby takes it for stress from work for the last 2yrs, didn't quit though. He did go from 3-4 cartons a month of full flavor 100's to 1 carton a month of ultra lite 100's (all within 4-6 wks). Not as good as my outcome, but a big improvement. Hope this helps :P .
    Thanks Cheryl. My understanding is wellbutrin, zyban, and buprofan are one in the same. I definitely have hope in zyban since I've taken it before. My doctor explained to me 3 years ago that zyban (aka wellbutrin aka buprofan) was used as a anti-depressant and doctors eventually discovered that smokers no longer wanted to smoke. So, they start prescribing it to smokers. So, I'm extremely optimistic that I'll be quitting on the 20th. Thanks for your responses!

Thanks

lympic: I'm rooting for you so let me know how it's going, no matter how it's going :changes: . Good luck to all who are quiting . By the way hows your bp? Stable I hope.
    Cheryl

Thanks

lympic: I'm rooting for you so let me know how it's going, no matter how it's going :changes: . Good luck to all who are quiting . By the way hows your bp? Stable I hope.
    Thanks Cheryl for the support! You're such a sweetie. I bought a home blood pressure monitor. I debated on buying it because I knew I'd check it all the time the same way I overabuse the scale. Lol. My bp hasn't gone down. In fact, I was a little mad @ myself last night because after checking it, in some ways I felt more anxious about a heart attack or stroke but in other ways I felt more in control at least knowing my bp. It was 149/106 tonight. So, I don't know. My husband is really worried. We had a slight arguement (he's since apologized ) because he thinks I should stop smoking now instead of Feb 20. He doesn't really understand that I still have urges to smoke since the Zyban hasn't fully kicked in. But, I'm sensitive to his fears. So, I told him I'd smoke only 3 cigs a day until the 20th. I met that goal today. So, I'm on my way to being smoke free. I don't have a high sodium intake, so that's not an issue for me. I started back exercising and incorporated veggies and fruits into my diet. So, hopefully I can bring my bp down w/o pills. Thanks so much for thinking about me. I truly love this site. I feel as if it's one place I can go where pretty much everyone truly understands what I'm going thru. And vice versa, I understand what you're going thru. I hope you're feeling awesome!!

Thanks

Your welcome dear-heart, always glad to be of help or support or whatever needed. I have a bp machine at home too. It helps when you can monitor it yourself, you can notice triggers and such. That reminds me, its how I found out one of my main causes of high bp (besides smoking at that time of course, lol). It was sinus meds, sudafed (sp?), and alka-seltzer cold plus. The decongestive med was causing it to go from 130/85 to 159/105. As soon as the meds wore of a few hrs later, it would go back down. I only take Zertec and Benadryl (sp?) now, they don't effect. Doc said some cold meds can too. So cleche BUT: water can lower it as well, 64oz a day. There's foods and drinks that can help lower bp if your interested, let me know. I like natural approches verses meds if possible. Hope your bp goes down, and congrats on only 3 today! Thats a very good start, keep it up dear-heart!!
    Cheryl

Thanks

Your welcome dear-heart, always glad to be of help or support or whatever needed. I have a bp machine at home too. It helps when you can monitor it yourself, you can notice triggers and such. That reminds me, its how I found out one of my main causes of high bp (besides smoking at that time of course, lol). It was sinus meds, sudafed (sp?), and alka-seltzer cold plus. The decongestive med was causing it to go from 130/85 to 159/105. As soon as the meds wore of a few hrs later, it would go back down. I only take Zertec and Benadryl (sp?) now, they don't effect. Doc said some cold meds can too. So cleche BUT: water can lower it as well, 64oz a day. There's foods and drinks that can help lower bp if your interested, let me know. I like natural approches verses meds if possible. Hope your bp goes down, and congrats on only 3 today! Thats a very good start, keep it up dear-heart!!
    Thanks Cheryl, you're so sweet! Truly! I am supposed to quit smoking wednesday. I've been checking my bp daily. Actually, 3-4 times per day. I'm a bit obsessive. Lol. My bp has stayed above 145/95. So, idk. Hopefully it goes down after I quit smoking. I reallllyyyy don't want to add another medication. Thanks for the tips, especially about water. I know what you mean about it being cliche. No matter what ailment you have, drinking water helps. Lol. I need to start drinking more water. Anyway, thanks a bunch for your support. I hope all is well with you!

Thanks

Your very welcome, anytime :multi: . All here's not to bad, juust fighting a low temp (93.7). Tomorrow's your quitting day, best of luck to you. My tredmil was my best friend when the meds didn't quite touch it for the moment. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    Cheryl

Thanks

How your first day go? Well I hope .
    Cheryl