Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: high blood pressure

Thanks

You go, Want It Gone!!!!!

I am in the cheering section for you. You have your past successes to spur you on so you must be tough.

Suzique I will cheer for you, too. My mother and sister in law are RN's Mom has been director of nurses. My sis is a nurse practitioner. I know the grit of nurses and I am sure that if you were to put your mind to it you would succeed. After all, everybody knows that Doctors are nothing without the nurses.
    :multi: nfire: :multi: nfire: :multi: nfire: :multi: nfire:

Cheering in my sleep,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Boy, isn't that the truth!! That's why I love my docs nurse, I wouldn't know what I do without her.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Yes it is...Actually Doctors wouldn't know what to do without nurses. :lol:

Hope today is a great one for everyone.

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Default Friends

Cheryl, Karen, You guys are so kind. Thank you for your kind words. I was actually sitting here thinking about slipping out to sneak one. Honestly!! But your faith in me gives me strength to stay away from that. Thank you

Susan

Thanks

Default Smoking

WantItGone, Well, I'm in it with you, my friend. Hope you are doing well on this 2nd day for you. I have been struggling with the habit and trying to work it out of my system, too. No matter how much I know it is bad for me, the pull is still so strong. But I believe we are STRONGER! How about your BP? How is it doing today? Just know that we are all here with you.

Susan

Thanks

I'm soooo rooting for the both of you. I know you two can do it. I'll check back later on you two, ta-ta!
    Cheryl

Thanks

Default I quit...

it will be two years this spring. :shock:

I had tried very "method" there is to quitting smoking, except cold turky. So I gave that a try. Kept telling my self (sometimes I still tell myself) That I can start smoking when I'm 70 yrs old if I want to, cause the last ten years are the crappy ones anyway lol.

I replaced my routine smokes with Tango sugarless gum or mint tea (which I never drank befor I quit)

Every once in awhile I'll still get a wave that washes over me....a craving. But I take a deep breath till it's gone. They dont last long and they happen less and less now. Actually I think I'm addicted to the cravings :grab:

Best wishes WantItGone, just remember there was a time when you were a non smoker....and you can be a non smoker again...just get stubborn about it.

AND if you should slip...dont beat yourself up...just start all over again.

Thanks

Default oOooO brain fog...

I ment to tell you that I had high blood presure for a while...my doc put me on a diaretic...which lowers blood presure...but mine wouldn't lower. But at home my BP was fine. My husband has a machine at home because of his heart attack so he started taking mine too.

I took my machine in to my next doctor's appoint with my results from that morning...she took my BP with both machines and it showed high.

I said, "IT"S YOU! I have white coatitus!" She agreed and I have been fine ever since. She just made me nervous. But I still quit smoking and started eating things that cleared and lowered my cholesterol. And I work out. That's about the time the lupus hit. Sucks .. don't it? :splat: