Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: high blood pressure

Thanks

Default high blood pressure

I've had high blood pressure since October (159/89). I do smoke (I'm gettin a prescription today for Zyban, don't worry I'm quitting). Zyban has worked before for me so I'm not worried about that. I do drink (in moderation). I am stressed, obviously. But, I'm wondering if the high blood pressure has to do with steroids. I've had 2 steroid injections (depo medrol) and one medro dose pack. I'm wondering if the high blood pressure has anything to do with steroids or is it another symptom of lupus. Anyone else have high blood pressure because of lupus or steroids?

Thanks

High blood presure can be from so many things, its so hard to tell what's causing it. I have it too at times. I've learned lately foods that can help control it daily. Plenty of water (of course, lol), 64oz a day. Also, 2 bananas a day can lower blood pressure by 10%. I quit smoking too and it dropped mine some too. Good luck on finding answers you need.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I have found that steroids can raise your blood pressure. Prior to being on prednisore I never had blood pressure problems, but once I started them I was put on a mild blood pressure pill. Not to say that is the only thing triggering it, but I did notice the change.

Thanks

Yes, Prednisone and kidney problems can also both increase blood pressure. It is great that ou are doing all you can to control it by changing habits. Of course, I hope that if it doesn't reduce that your doctor will evaluate your medication and be sure to check your kidneys.

Good luck!
    Missy

Thanks

Thanks guys for all of your comments. I have added a banana per day to my diet. I started taking zyban today to help quit smoking. I took it 3 years ago and was very successful in quitting w/the help of zyban. I won't be getting any more steroid injections so maybe once the streroid is out of my system, my blood pressure will decline. The steroids are the only new thing in my life. I absolutely do not want to add any more medications to my already long list of meds. Anyway, thanks a bunch!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi WantItGone
    I've quit smoking sucessfully after reading "Alan Car's easy way to stop smoking" this was really helpfull.
    And also it costs much less than zyban with no side effects that zyban might have
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    Hi WantItGone
    I've quit smoking sucessfully after reading "Alan Car's easy way to stop smoking" this was really helpfull.
    And also it costs much less than zyban with no side effects that zyban might have
    Thanks Morpheus,

I've taken zyban before. It's wonderful. Plus, I have insurance so my co-pay is $3. Can't beat that! So, I've already started. I'm sure I'll be smoke free in 14 days. Thanks again.

Thanks

Good for you, Wantitgone. Confidence is the most important thing. I'll be rooting for you and hoping that blood pressure goes down!
    Missy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Good for you, Wantitgone. Confidence is the most important thing. I'll be rooting for you and hoping that blood pressure goes down!
    Thanks Missy. I went today and it was 116/82. So, that's significantly different and better. I refuse to take any more pills!

Thanks

Yeah!! I'm so glad your bp is down, I hope it stays that way. Good luck on quit smoking, its a great feeling when your done. You feel and breath so much easier. Ta-ta .
    Cheryl