Thread: Newcomer

Thanks

Default Newcomer

Hi everyone. I was told I have SLE about 4 months ago. I didn't know anyone with lupus, so all I had to learn from was a brochure the rheumatologist gave me, a couple of 10 year old books at the public library, and the internet. It's good to have the "official" version of what lupus is, but I really need what only you guys can give me - advice and insight based on personl experience! Thanks for being here.

Thanks

Hi, Peggy James. Welcome to the group. You WILL learn a lot of people here who are living with lupus and other autoimmune diseases. Everyone has a unique experience, but we can all relate to the problems. I just replied to another "newbie", Onpointe, in this same forum and listed some good resources for learning about lupus. Check out that post for some links and a good book that I think you'll find really helpful. Glad you found us!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hello Peggy -

I'm new to the forum also. Just wanted to say hello. You will find this a friendly place with lots of support and excellent information. Welcome. Hope you are feeling well today.

Jana

Thanks

Hi Peggy,

Welcome to the forum, if it's a wealth of knowledge and supportive people you're after then this is the place!

Cheers,

JD

Thanks

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am already finding answers through the search option for previous posts. I think mnjodette's suggestion for an up-to-date book is an excellent idea. I'm so glad I found you.

Thanks

Hey peggy james,

I love your picture...Is that a cat or a bunny,...Whatever it is it is too cute.

Have a great day.

Off I go dreaming of sleep..

Karen

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi and welcome Peggy :lol:
    I am happy that you joined us and I am so glad that you are already finding answers to some of your questions. We are here to support you and to help you in any way that we can. Again.....welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Peggy,

Welcome to our family. I love the picture; too cute. This is the most supportive group you will join along with a wealth of information.

You are not alone.

Take care,

Faith