Thread: Hair loss; DLE: frightened and angry

Thanks

Default Hair loss; DLE: frightened and angry

I went to my derm a week ago, and he gave me some steroid cream for a discoid lesion on my scalp where my hair has fallen out: it's red and inflammed. I got home and 2 days later I've 4 or5 of them! I'm pretty upset and trying to keep things in perspective, but it's tough when you don't have hair: I wouldn't mind being bald, but the lesions are red and ugly; not exactly easy to be bald like that!

Does anyone have natural remedy advice? I know God has everything in control and my faith in Jesus is number one, but He also empowers us to seek those with wisdom. Does anyone have any wisdom for me?

I pray that you are all healed of this disease and thank you in advance for your help!

Bob

Thanks

Welcome Bob;

I have SLE, and haven't experienced the lesions of DLE I know others here will be able to share their experiences with that manifestation of our shared condition.

Wander the forums, you'll learn more about us, we share knowledge, friendship, laughter and tears. We've found fellowship and the gift of deeper understanding through this group from around the world.

hatlady
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Hi Bob,

Nioxin shampoo does wonders on slowing down hairloss. I usually lose gobs and gobs. Now, it is down to next to nothing in between flares.

Faith

Thanks

Default Nioxin

Will the Nioxin help is I am just having flare ups? I hate using any kind of chemicals and don't know much about Nioxin.

Thanks

Hi Bob,

While I don't have discoid lesions on my scalp, I do have CLE on my face/wherever the sun hits. Steroid cream did nothing for me....It didn't even slow the lesions from spreading! The only thing that worked for me is being on Prednisone. Is there anything else your derm can give you?

I'm sorry I don't know of any natural remedies...But I do keep my face very moist with Cetaphil to keep it from flaking/itching.

Thanks

Hi Bob,

The Nioxin Shampoo will help through whatever illness you are dealing with at the time. It is pretty much natural ingredients. I just know that my hair is not falling out in huge gobs every morning since I started using it.

I am thankful.

Take care

Faith