Thread: Pneumonia

Thanks

Default Pneumonia

Hey guys,

I've got another question. After going for months and months without getting sick (which I personally attribute to all the supplements I take in addition to plaquenil), I've finally come down with a horrible cough. My chest hurts when I cough and when I'm not coughing. I don't have a fever (98.9) and no vomitting. I'm not coughing up any abnormal phelgm. My husband is pestering me about going to emergency to rule out pneumonia but I don't think that's necessary. I was raised in a family that only goes to the hospital when something persists more than the average amount of time. My husband thinks this doesn't apply because I have an autoimmune disease. I really don't feel like going all the way to emergency just for them to tell me I have a cold. Something I already know I have. What do you guys think? Would you wait a few days to see if the cough goes away or go to emergency? Thanks for all of your advice!!

Thanks

I personally would wait. I come from a family that believes in letting things run their course, only go when its been to long. Your hubby has a point too though, auto-immune disease is different. If it was me I would get a really good cough med, have my tsp of honey 3x daily (the enzimes fight the cold), and call my primary doc and ask his advice. Hope you feel better soon.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl_v
    I personally would wait. I come from a family that believes in letting things run their course, only go when its been to long. Your hubby has a point too though, auto-immune disease is different. If it was me I would get a really good cough med, have my tsp of honey 3x daily (the enzimes fight the cold), and call my primary doc and ask his advice. Hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks for replying Cheryl. I actually ended up going to emergency yesterday. I was pretty much forced. Thank God I have my husband to make me go. ops: I have a sinus infection and fluid in my ears. The doctor said I have an upper respiratory infection (cold) that basically turned into a sinus infection. So, it's a good thing that I went. I was prescribed an antibiotic. I'm really happy he made me go because I've had many sinus infections and know it wouldn't have gone away without the antibiotic. So, if I had gone this friday (like I originally intended) I would've gone all week feeling and bad and had no treatment until Friday. So, all is good. Guess I'll listen to my husband next time.