Thread: Feeling Lousy - Just need to share

Thanks

Default Feeling Lousy - Just need to share

I've been reading posts; posting replies and just denying how I'm feeling (I guess I'm on that same Island of Denial that Oluwa has been talking about.) But I gotta' say, I FEEL LOUSY. My hips hurt so bad I couldn't sleep last night (again); I always have some chest pain, but the last two days it's hurt all the time - just wears me out. My left hand is so sore sometimes I can hardly grip anything (that's a new one for me.) The neuropathy in my right leg is acting up big-time - my knee is numb and my leg is so weak. If I stand for very long, the burning pain in my thigh just makes me nuts. I stayed home from work today - just couldn't imagine sitting at my desk with all of this going on. But, it might've been a good distraction. My last labs were all normal - but I know now that doesn't always mean anything about the activity of the disease (at least not for some of us.) So, I'm not looking for any magic answers - but if you happen to have a little sympathy, I'd take that! :lol: Thanks for letting me rant a bit.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Ah my Jody,

I have lots to share, sympathy. What a mess you must feel. Lupus always lurking waiting to give a bit of a shove. Seems like he has come at you from all angles Slap, twack, take that....Lu-Pee...and that...hey!

Take a nice soak, with Mr. Bubble. Place a board across, edge to edge, for your little things, books, perfume, facial creme...turn off the lights and light some candles..slide under for a minute and enjoy the warmth envelope you...

Let your body lotion float in the tub, while you enjoy so it will be warmed when you slather it all over when through with the tub.

Pump up the heat so when you get out, pat dry off and slip into some flannels...and crawl inbetween the sheets. Turn the TV on and watch Animal Planet..Growning Up or Meerkat Manor. I think it is HBO that has a show of life, Genesis. There is Bird Migration too. Turn volume low, a man's low voice just makes me curl, snuggle and go to sleep. A soft whisper a low hummm....mmm...mmm

For you hand...make a bag of ice or use a hot moist towel and lay it upon your hand.

When I shower, very warm.... it seems to take me away from it all. Water Pik hand helds.....ooolala...wonderful on the achy spot on the one straight stream. I run it over my head down my neck, with hot and then with a quick cold..

I'd rub your kneee, I'd rub your hand, I'd rub you thigh if I was I near, I would. I'd make some chicken broth with homemade bread and a gob of butter for dipping.

If I could I would make you feel all better....will a cyber hug do...Oh, how I would to do more to make you feel better.

I am sorry you hurt so...tomorrow will be better.
    Prayers for Jody are being heard from me, right now....Amen. Thank you God.
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Bless you, Oluwa, for your kind words. I'm going to do just that - a warm bath; lotion; smooth sheets; and (I hope, I hope) a good nights sleep tonight. Being sleep-deprived makes me whiny-weepy. Tomorrow will be better. You're an angel for caring. :angel:
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Jody,

Good Morning....Is it a fabulous one in Minnesota?

I too weep and whine...nothing like wine and dine though. This A.M. I am tired. Wrestle with my night dew and sheets. It is going to be a Wendy Whiner of a day. When tired I eat, and eat..and well eat more.

In the wee hours I was watching Animals Behaving Badly on Animal Planet...wow, like a horror flick. I tried to turn away, but I just couldn't help watching Praying Mantis' and their sexual cannibalism. Willies...ick. While the male is "attached" to her back, the female turns and eats the male's head off ( the one with the eyes)....and he continues to do his thing, headless. Falls and dies...

Laughing with horror,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Default Hip pain

Jody,
    Have you tried putting pillows between your legs when laying in bed? I literally cannot lay on my side without pillows - the pain in my hips becomes too intolerable to lay there. It is the pull of the leg on top to lay on the other leg. Anyway, you may have already tried this, but just thought I would throw that in. All of Oluwa's suggestions are wonderful! I love the soft bubbles and book on a shelf across the tub! I would only add a cup of cammomile tea. It is soothing, too. And no calories!!!
    Hope you are feeling better today.

Susan

Thanks

I will try the pillow trick, Susan - my husband uses that for a back problem. Might work for me, too. Thank you both for your suggestions.

Oluwa, I've seen that video of the Praying Mantis....the instinct to procreate has got to be verrrrry strong! Gives new meaning to 'losing your head' over someone. :roll:

I'm a bit better today - but it's so very, very cold here (wind-chill of 50 degrees below zero - inhuman weather.) I am trying to work a few hours, but I'm sorry I ever left home. Now I have to go back out in it to get there. Rats......... :cry: I'll join you for some "whine" today, Oluwa.

Jody

Thanks

Shall we have a Merlot or a Sauvignon Blanc, glass or full carafe?
    :shock: A Barrel?

And here it is probably 60 degrees.

Helicobacter pylori is trying to claim squatters rights in my gut and an infection is colonizing my tract.

Really, what is an UTI...meaning when they say that, that means it can be anywhere in the urinary tract? How do they know it isn't in my kidneys? Questions you forget to ask when they blurt diagnoses like that over the telly.

Wondering where I came in contact with pylori, being borderline OCD about germs.

One time while I was working, carrying an arm full...I began to yawn, trying to inhale it back in and stifle it. A hand came, not mine, over my mouth. I uttered and gasped, didn't finish my yawn by the way...Oh please....don't touch my mouth or face. We laughed. He went to his office. I went to the restroom.

Just thinking of his fingers touching my face, he meant nothing..just being funny, a friend. I had to go wash my face. I could only imagine where his hands had been and questioned had they been washed. My skin gets crawly when I think of it.....ewwwwwwww.

This is the second UTI I've had in my 46 years and the first being sometime last year.

Times I get scared, wondering where this will all take me and do I have to pack a smile and a hankerchief.

I feel dirty. I feel diseased.
    Oluwa

Thanks

You know, I've only had two UTIs, and they've both been since I was diagnosed. Ewwwww is right....

Someone put their hand over your mouth when you yawned??!?!?!? Outrageous...I can't imagine touching someone's face without invitation. I'm a 'huggy' sort, but generally only when I know someone is OK with that. Personal space boundaries, ya' know. (Well, that and I'm from Minnesota - ya, you betcha.) :lol:

Thanks

Jody,

Yes, can you believe he did that. Touch my arm, touch my waist...but not my face. I like to hug too, but I try to stay germ free in my way. Anything with a knob gets sanitized. I'm a squatter not a sitter. And who knew I would get the belly crud.

I wonder why that is on the UTIs. Surely, we wipe the same way before IT came to life. 45 years without one...hummm, 46th two...

Does your last name end with ette? French? My maiden named ends in ette.

Night,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Our friend IT seems to bring a lot of new things into our lives...mores the pity!

No, my name doesn't really end in 'ette'....Jodette is my husband's 'pet name' for me. I don't remember the last time he spoke to me using my actual name!