Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is ILoveHistory??

Thanks

Hey, ILoveHistory,
    I'm glad I gave you a laugh! I'm pretty fuzzy on what happened, since I was in St. Louis at the time, dealing with my mother having surgery. We attended a lovely little church there in Ohio, which was very family-oriented, so I'm sure that someone just swooped in and took care of Jeff & Meg.
    Yes, we've raised 5 - 4 girls and 1 boy, and we've got a million funny stories. Jeff is a military officer, so we've traveled a lot and raised the kids in 4 different U.S. states. I'm just glad that they are all adults now. Heather, the oldest,is 30 and Meg, the youngest, is 21. Two of the girls, Hillary and Kayla, have a little boy of their own, so I'm getting the fun of spoiling grandsons and then giving them back to their poor, pitiful parents - LOL :lol:
    I'm glad that you seem to be getting back to your old self!
    Marla

Thanks

Hi!

Marla: My mom's name is Heather!

Unfortunately, I have discovered today that I hurt myself quite badly during the seizure - my right arm is bruised, swollen and full of little sores! It feels like it's on fire because it's burning so much! I cut both knees and my left foot... Also, there was nothing to put under my head at the time and I banged my head pretty hard on the tile floor, so I can feel a big bruise on the back of my head and I'm struggling to get rid of the headache!

Anyway, on the bright side, at least I didn't bite my tongue or lose control of my bladder or bowels! :lol:

However, something is concerning me quite a bit... Twice since I had the seizure, I have passed visible blood in my urine... It seems to have stopped now, but I'm not sure... Does anyone know if this is normal? It's never happened to me after a seizure before? :?

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi ILoveHistory,

Well, you must have been a sack of Sweet Potatoes...

I have no answer on the urine....but I have lots of prayers...

Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

Oluwa: Thanks! :lol:

Well, I made it through school every day this week! I am SO happy!

I still have quite a lot of muscle pain from the seizure, but I'm getting there!

Anyway, I have lots of homework to do, so I'd better go get started!

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

I thought that I was getting so much better, but now...

I am having terrible problems with my heart. It is picking up the strangest rhythms - sometimes it's so slow I am too weak to move, other times it's fluttering at about 250 beats/minute with a weak pulse and other times it's pounding so hard that I feel as though my chest might explode! :shock: These arrhythmias leave me terribly short of breath, exhausted, weak, drained and with the most EXCRUCIATING headaches! I can actually feel the blood, oxygen and glucose drain from my head and the pain is unbearable! When my heart doesn't pump properly, the bottom part of my arms and legs begin to ache terribly and my lips and fingernails turn blue... When the blood pools in my legs, my skin there starts to 'crawl' and it's horrible! I can't even make it up the stairs at school without almost collapsing and am almost always in a state of near-syncope. The arrythmias wake me up at night and they get worse when I change position. I've been collapsing and convulsing at school and it's just awful! Also, the arrythmias give my horrible chest pain and sometimes an ache in my left shoulder and a searing pain in my left jaw...

I went to see my G.P. today, but, typically, I was not experiencing an arrythmia when he took a 4-lead E.C.G., just an extremely rapid Tachycardia. So, I am going to see my Paediatric Cardiologist on Friday morning because I just can't cope like this... I think I'm going to have to have the holter monitor again to see if we can pick the arrythmias up...

None of this is psychological (all of that was ruled out long ago), which is pretty obvious since I can't even climb the stairs... Also, my O.C.D. meds would prevent anything like that from happening, anway...

I worry because there are loads of heart problems on my father's side of the family:

*My father has Rheumatic Heart Disease with lots of scar tissue, Mitral Valve Prolapse and Regurgitation, an Irregular Bradycardia, Cardiomegaly and a problem with the left ventricle
    *My father's one sister has Wolff-Parkinson-White
    *The other sister has Sick Sinus Syndrome
    *My father's brother has Long-QT Syndrome

and that's only the tip of the iceberg...

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Keep well!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have you or your doctors considered a blood clot? There are different types of blood clots:
    A thrombus is a blood clot that forms along the wall of the heart or a blood vessel. This type of clot can slow blood flow, and if the clot becomes large enough, it may stop the flow of blood in the vessel.
    An embolus is a clot that forms in one area of the body, travels through the bloodstream, and lodges in another vessel in the body. Emboli are less common and more dangerous, because they can cause a sudden blockage in blood flow (embolism), which could be fatal. An embolism occurring in an artery will block blood flow to an organ or tissue, and could cause tissue damage or death. An embolism in:
    * a cerebral (brain) artery can cause a stroke
    * a coronary artery can cause a heart attack
    * a pulmonary (lung) artery can cause shortness of breath or death
    * a retinal artery can cause sudden blindness in one eye
    * an artery supplying blood to a limb can cause tissue damage and possibly gangrene
    * any artery leading to an organ can cause loss of that organ's function

Inflammatory diseases, such as Lupus, can cause blood clots. Plaque formation in the arteries (atherosclerosis) and damaged blood vessels both increase the chance of blood clots because they slow blood flow and provide a place for platelets to collect and form a clot. Genetic factors also play a role in tendency to form blood clots. Liver damage and cardiovascular disorders can also cause blood clots.

Symptoms can include extreme dizziness that occurs without warning. Sudden complete or partial blindness in one eye could indicate a clot within the retinal artery. A hard blue bulge in a vein, or unexpected pain in an arm or leg, along with numbness, weakness, or another sign that blood is not reaching the area, could indicate a blood clot. Blisters or ulcers on the skin may occur as well. A clot in an artery near a major organ like the heart or lung will produce pain or decreased activity in that organ.

I don't know if this is the cause of your current problems. However, your issue is very important and should not wait! Explain to your doctor that you do not want to have this issue dismissed or put on hold, you want action taken now to ensure that this is not a serious problem!! Please keep us advised!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Saysusie!

Thank you SO very, very much for your concern, input and advice! I really, really appreciate it!

Well, my G.P. did tell me that he was listening for a 'blockage' in one of my blood vessels; he pressed his stethoscope hard into both sides of my neck and listened, so maybe he was checking for that, but I'm not sure?!

My Paed. Card. is BRILLIANT though, so I'm sure he'll figure out what's going on...

Thanks again, Saysusie!

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi Again Everyone!

Well, I saw my Paed. Card. yesterday and on Tuesday, he's going to put me on a treadmill and hook me up to the 12-lead E.C.G. and blood pressure monitor to see what happens to my heart when I exercise. He's also going to examine everything else heart-wise. So, I'll let you know how it goes!

Keep well!

Thanks

Default Goodluck....

will keep you in my thoughts. Hope you get the answers you need.

Thanks

Hi Sits_in_the_Corner!

Thank you SO very much for your thoughts and concern!