Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am a pro musician and I just found out I have Lupus

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I. personally, would find an attorney who (at the very minimum) listens to me and knows what I am talking about. If you go in with an attorney who does not care, you may as well go in by yourself.
    You have a right to find an attorney who will fight for you!! If your representation is not adequate...find one that is!!!

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default i survived the hearing

hey all
    well my lawyer has a terrible "bedside manner" but once i saw him in action i sort of get it. he doesn't really study the case til the day before but seems ot be able to find the strongest points adn he does argue them to the judge. so even though he said he was not serving as an advocate, he did, and he did well, as did i. so... waiting for good news. thanks for the sounding board. i'm pretty high strung so i tend to get really wound up about things and worry a lot. i could go back on the neurontin for htat but it gives me really bad tremors and that sucks when trying to play guitar.

so i'll stick with my nail biting obsessiveness and driving my friends crazy at time, for now. til there's a better drug or i learn to meditate or something.
    carla
    Professional Smart Aleck
    www.carlau.com
    "A clown is like an aspiring, only is works twice as fast."- Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carlau:
    I am glad that your attorney isn't one of those that we hear so much about. Most attorney's, themselves, may not know all about their client's subjet matter. But, if they are good, they have staff members (para-legals) who do the research, point out the fighting points and provide them to the attorney for use in court.
    We have links on this site for meditation sites, CD's and techniques. Perhaps they can help you reduce your nail biting a bit :lol:
    In the meantime...best of luck to you and keep us posted!

Saysusie

Thanks

Carlau:

I would suggest Yoga and meditation also (and not just for the nail biting :lol: )

I, also, was very Type A personality and "high strung" - oddly enough, Lupus has actually given me a gift, in that I've focused more on my mental health and outlook and really slowed down and have more perpective now. I know it might sound cliche, but I'm happier with the person I am now.

The cool thing about meditation is that even starting with 5 minutes a couple times a week, or using a guided CD can really help your outlook. And Yoga really helped for me. I do Kripalu, which is very focused on what's right for each person, not getting the "perfect pose". Also, my teacher has RA, so she has lots of ideas for ways to modify poses for comfort. In the town I used to live in, one organization offered a few free classes a week to those in chronic pain. I thought that was cool, even though I didn't have Lupus then.

Well, Good luck with everything!

Missy

Thanks

Default updates

hey all
    first to john who started this thread
    i am playing the guitar. I mentioned before i am also a pro musician, had a stroke and had to re-learn to play! this will not happen to you most likely, unless your kidneys get involved, so get your regular bloodwork just to be careful.

HOWEVER i have started taking fish oil again and it is REALLY HELPING with my inflammation, so i sought out your thread so i could share that with you befcuase i had forgotten how effective it is both as an antiinflammatory and a mood regulator. and it's pretty inexpensive ($10 for 2 months' worth) and widely available.

as for my disability i won the trial but now there's yet more hoops ot jump through. i can't get through on the phone and i have to reply by 9/17 (3 days from now) or i will lose my SSI. i had my trial in FL b ut am not around because i evacuated! boy this thng just keeps throwing up hurdles at me!!!! yagh! let's hope this is the last snag and that i get it resolved successfully.
    Carla
    Professional Smart Aleck
    www.carlau.com

Thanks

Default ps

i found small parrafin wax baths for only $10 at bed bath and beyond!
    Professional Smart Aleck
    www.carlau.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carlau;
    Please keep us posted and we are keeping you in our prayers. Florida seems to be getting no releif with one hurricane after another!! Let us know how you are!

Saysusie

Thanks

I evacuated! I'm fine- thansk for asking. been trying to touch base with all my friends to make sure they survived. many lost trees and power and phone for a while, can't be fun in the heat!!!

i've been in south florida, east coast, and that area has been spared the worst of it all. all the same, i wasn't around and I'm sure it was scary. i live in someone's spare room, so i don't hav my own property to be concerned about- though i often wish i had my own place, it feels like a blessing not to be maintaining one in hurricane alley this year
    Professional Smart Aleck
    www.carlau.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carlau;
    I am so glad that you are OK! I hope that your friends are also OK!
    Stay Strong :lol:

Saysusie

Thanks

Default Another Musician Taken

I, too, play the guitar and I was diagnosed in 1995. I use the disease for material and as far as SSI goes I have SSI for Fibromyalgia and Lupus. It;s only 550 dollars a month and they have been trying to take it away I have to go to trial on April 16th wish me luck....
    Life According to the Wolf...