Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am a pro musician and I just found out I have Lupus

Thanks

hi there
    i've only been only disability for a few months- had to wait 3 years for it to go to trial and then more waiting after that.
    how often do they have you come back and re-testify?
    Carla
    Professional Smart Aleck
    www.carlau.com
    "A clown is like an aspiring, only is works twice as fast."- Groucho Marx

Thanks

Default possible answer for John and other guitar players

Hi, I am not a professional guitar player but I have played my share of musical instruments over the years: trumpet, coronet, baritone, acoustic and electric guitar. Yamaha has come up with a guitar that doesnt use frets or strings. You can use a pick, strum, download songs to it and also write your own music and use it on your computer. Its called an EZ something sorry not good with the exact name but I saw it for sale on QVC for $219. Maybe you can use it in the band the only problem with it like all guitars is you still need to do the finger placement, but at least this gives you an option other guitars don't without the strings and frets they caused me the most pain. It also comes with a speaker and uses a battery. It looked like a great option. I hope it helps John and others.

Poncho
    I have had lupus:SLE?RA for 38-39 years. I am in the process of coming back from double pnumonia, getting my life reastablished.

Thanks

has this been a great thread!

Welcome john, I'm not a musician, but....I like listening? I grew up playing piano, folk guitar and classical guitar, but haven't played any of them for years. But once bitten, we all must keep music filling our souls, in some form, don't we? Anything from folk to jazz, to rock, to classical to opera works for me.

One thing I've noted come up again and again is food allergies. Haven't been tested for any, but it sounds like we all should do that.

I also swear by fish oil, or flax oil if you're fully vegetarian. I believe it has helped with inflamation - which equates to PAIN - and is is low cost as well.