Thread: An Update...

Thanks

Default An Update...

After several trips to ICU, it seems they are finally finding a stabilization routine for my love.

They did put her on a low dose of Cytoxan - only once a month. They also put her on insulin to counterbalance the incredibly high blood sugar caused by the prednisone.

We are hoping she won't have to continue the dialysis but for now, she is still doing 3 x a week on that.

The doctors said she is recouperating beautifully considering how bad off she was at the onset of the hospital stay.

I hope to learn as much as I can about SLE because, honestly, I am here for her through thick, thin and all the shades in between. I want to know the battle we are up against and ways to keep things as stable as possible.

This forum has been a Godsend. Honestly, you have NO idea how thankful I am to have found this place. Everyone has been so helpful.

It has taken a seemingly terrible situation and made it something manageable and less intimidating.

Thank you thank you thank you...

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so happy to hear that her doctors are pleased with her progress. She is so blessed to have you and you are blessed to have her!!
    We are here to give you every bit of information that we can, to answer each and every question to the best of our ability, to give you support as you are supporting her, to comfort you when you become a bit afraid and to let you vent when you become frustrated (and, that day will come!).
    I am always happy to hear that this forum is providing those things that I hoped to provide. Then I know that we are helping, and that is all that I want to do!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!