Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here, and i really need support.

Thanks

Default New here, and i really need support.

Hi everyone, my name is Liz, and i'm 22 years old (23 in a week). I was diagnosed in September after years of weird sicknesses like mono and meningitis. I've been on medical leave from work since August, and its been really discouraging for me. I'm also a full time student and made it through my first semester w/ lupus (it was TOUGH!!!). What i have been so frustrated with is that every time i feel like i'm getting better i get really excited and start to do a lot of work, and then i get sick again and i'm stuck in bed. I just feel like i'm never going to get better. Right now i'm on plaquenil, flexeril, and lexapro (i had really bad anxiety and was having a tough time dealing with the stress at first, and it really helps keep me even). Anywho, i'm getting really discouraged because 5 months of never feeling good is really starting to weigh on me. I start my new semester in a couple weeks, and even though i know it is unlikely, i would really like to feel good for my schoolwork. Blah.

Thanks

I feel you. It comes on like a truck like someone slammed the breaks on your life and your just like blah... Just keep your head up the main thing is making sure you are taking the right meds and staying on top of making sure you rest when you need to . Look I am 28yrs old and this all started when I was 26- so I know this can be frustrating. I have to say everyone here is so supportive... Feel better hun...

vw

Thanks

hey hun! just wanted to share this quote that someone shared with me not too long ago...I'm starting to live by it each day I strive more and more -no matter how hard this battle is!

" If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I STILL HAVE A DREAM! Martin Luther King JR. "
    If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I STILL HAVE A DREAM!

Thanks

Words to live by... Each day is a sunrise waiting to light your path to glory ... just a me quote !

Thanks

Hey Liz,

I am quite a bit older than you, but I have some of the same problems. meaning, when I get to feeling better I tend to overdo it. I can imagine how much harder it is for one who is as young and exuberant as yourself. I have 3 daughters in your age range. Two are having lupus like problems.

We all have to learn to live by our limitations. My heart goes out to those as young as yourself and even the teens that I have seen on this forum. You might want to get in touch with some of them.

In the meantime, try to conserve when you can especially the rest of this break and then possibly you can start the spring semester with a bang.

In him,

Karen

Thanks

Hey there,

hang in there! It is hard to have to reorganize your life basically. I'm still learning. There's so much I want to do, but I've already learned I will pay for it if I overdo it. But, it is hard to teach yourself new limitations. I've found that keeping myself on a schedule has helped. I stop doing things earlier in the evening even if I feel ok. It has helped a lot. My husband had to force me to rest earlier at first, but now I have made it routine and it helps.

Good luck, and this board is great

Thanks

really corny - i know! but i was wondering how many of these posts until i'm not a tadpole anymore- figured it out 30 - so this is just to get me ranking lol - i kidd i kidd- hope everyone is having a fantastic day! MOVING ON UP!!! woot woot!
    If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I STILL HAVE A DREAM!

Thanks

don't feel to bad I am still a little gupy

Thanks

lol...thought it was funny...kinda put me in a better mood all day...now that have finally moved on up to little guppy- now i just gotta figure out how many to move on up again lol...

Thanks

Welcome, Lillbitt! You'll find lots of helpful people here who will share your pain, lend an ear, or whatever you need. Sometimes there's a lot of humor here, too - which I find really great! (Hey, we all need to laugh, right?) You've gotten some good advice - learn to pace yourself and take advantage of the time you can rest. It's a new way of thinking for many of us, but if you rest, avoid stress when you can, take your meds and eat healthy, you'll be better able to manage your lupus. I'm glad you found us - and I hope you're feeling better soon.

(Wait 'til you see some of the other 'animals' you'll become after you're around for a while! :lol: )
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."