Thread: how to find a job right for you

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default how to find a job right for you

I have a question...so my whole life i have been working towards going to dental school..but ever since i was diagnosed with lupus i am so tired that any physical job causes me to become exhausted and i cant function. I worked as a dental assistant for about 3 months and it caused me to have a flare-up because i ran around alot and it was stressful. So now i am afraid to go through 4 years of stressful grad school and not finish or make it because it'll be too much...I am very smart so i wanted a well respected job helping people and i have a bachelors in science and now i am stuck because i dont know what to do with my life or where to go from here. Everyone has to adapt to their lupus and i guess my question is does anyone have advice about jobs for people who have lupus?? I dont want a job that will cause my lupus to flare-up all the time and further damage my kidneys (seeing as how i am on the borderline of dialysis)....any advice would be appreciated
    thanks!
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi I have a BSC in computer science.
    Work as a web developer and i think its quite a physical comfortable job.
    However it does have its other drawbacks.

It does become taxing due too the diffrent amount of stresses i have to go through and also some late nights.

All this leaves me exhausted and breathless.

So in my opinion any job u choose will still have an effect on you.
    So just choose u're career path wisely.

Prior to that i worked as a baker for 5 years. Very physiaclly taxing, but not always this tiring, ironically.
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Hi Heather~! My two cents worth is that if you like a challenging career and still look after your health--you might want a job where your working hours are flexible. Being in the IT field I hear is good (as Morpheus mentioned)--also you may wish to consider a job in the research area (given your BSC). Academia allows you to work mostly from home and has a lot of flexibility...