Thread: PAXIL?

Thanks

Default PAXIL?

Right now I am on celexa and i still seem to be very moody and emotional at times (due to prednisone) so my doctor is thinking about switching me to Paxil.
    I was wondering if anyone has ever used this drug and whether or not it has worked for them. Any advice or input would be most helpful!! thanks!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I used Paxil for two years after the passing of my daughter and it did work for me. I had no side-effects, to speak of, and my depression was critical. So, it helped me to get through. However, I was also in intensive therapy for the same two years that I was on Paxil, so I think that the two, together, helped me to survive!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

i used paxil before - i was really out of it- but it works different for everyone. i had my 3rd miscarriage so the doc prescribed that only - after like a week of taking it i had hives all over- so i was allergic to it. but my hubby still jokes about me being on cuz i was such a good girl lol...anyways you should try it- everyone has diff. reactions. i just started my steriods this week- and i've been a bit moody- is that how they control the moodiness with an antidepressant?

Candace
    If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I STILL HAVE A DREAM!

Thanks

that is what i have heard from most, that they take an anti depressant or anxiety medicine to try to counteract the hyperactivity and moodiness that the steroids can cause....
    thank you both so much for responding...i really appreciate your time and support...I guess i will start paxil next week and see how it suits me...i think i will talk to my doctor about maybe a less controversial option but if she thinks this might be best for me ill try it...