Thread: New member, not new to the disease

Thanks

Default New member, not new to the disease

Hello, Im Shawn from Canada. Ive had mixed connective tissue disease since 2000 with my main symptoms being from Lupus but also Scleroderma (mostly in my hands). With the odd bout with rhabdomyolysis (high ck levels). I sometimes scan forums but never post, until today. Im a 34 male who is very active (try to be) and look like Im in tip top shape, so people find it hard to relate and often forget I have some problems that I deal with on a daily basis. This has made me very secretive of my condition, never talking about it. I also have a blog (which I can't post) to try and raise awareness of these problems during my cycling season and to promote mobility and exercise, which (knock on wood) im still able to do.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Shawn :lol:
    Welcome to our family. I truly understand the "But You Don't Look Sick" syndrome that many of us have to deal with. There is a great article that has been floating around on these forums for quite some time now. It is called, "The Spoon Theory". Many of us have used it to explain to our friends, co-workers and family what our illness feels like to us.

Here is the website: www.butyoudontlooksick.com

I am glad that you decided to join us and that you decided to post. You will find that everyone here is very informative, supportive, comforting and willing to help. I hope you join us often :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Shawn,

How are you? Improving? Is is cycling season as we haven't heard from you.

Hope you are keeping well,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.