Thread: Teenager with lupus

Thanks

Default Teenager with lupus

I just have a question here. Do you think that teenagers who have lupus can have successful careers and great jobs when they become an adult? It's just that I really want to make my parents proud and not only that I am in a school that emphasise a lot in education and good results. Thank you very much.

I just want to say that went I came across this forum, I found out about people with worse conditions than me. I just want to pray that everyone will be cured in the end and can have a good life.

To everyone out there, just be patient and pray to God that He will give you the strenght to move on. It is not easy for me, as a teenager to have lupus, when my friends are all active during Physical Education where I just sit at a corner and watch them play. It is not easy for me when my friends have boyfriends, and I don't, and I feel envious and maybe even jealous of them. It is not easy for me when my friends ask me to go out with them and I can't, because my parents are worried that my exposure to the sun would cause the disease to flare up.

But I am thankful that I am still alive and I hope that one day my disease would get cured. To all those with lupus out there, YOU CAN DO IT!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, I absolutely believe that you can have a successful job and/or career. The important thing is that you start now to take care of yourself and take your medications as prescribed.
    Make the necessary lifestyle changes (stay out of the sun, exercise daily, eat healthy) and learn as much as you can about Lupus and how it affects you. Start now while you are young so that you will always know how to manage your disease so that you can ensure yourself a beautiful and productive future!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Rayhanah,

You are already successful by the attitude and outlook you have. I don't know if you visited the teen forum or not but there is one and they are just are inspiring as you.

As far as a career, yes it is entirely possible. Welcome ot the forum and keep the positive outlook that you have.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey, I was just a teenager when I was diagnosed with lupus.
    I now have a computer science degree and work for a very successfull company.

Lupus has never gotten in the way of me being successfull.

You need to remember, just because we have lupus doesnt mean that the rules will change, it still takes hard work and determination to get what u want.
    Irrespective if you have a chronic illness or not.

The end result will just be that more satisfying because you had to work a bit harder for it.

Enjoy
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Hi Rayhanah,

One dream, one day, one step,one goal...and you'll be on your way to a life full of promise. I hope that you will keep your loving heart the same, you are so sweet to wish us all well.

And we, we wish you all the best and YOU NEVER QUIT....keep going and when you keep us posted throughout the years, we'll be able to say "we knew her when she was just a child"...and look at you shine!!!

Stay true to yourself, never compromise your health, and always always take care of you first...be safe, be healthy, be happy.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Default Thanks!

Hey, thanks everyone for the encouragement and support! I really need those, since an important exam is coming up for me this year that will detemine which college I go to.

Anyway, I have been to the teens forum, but there aren't many teens that are active there. I just hope that more teens with lupus would come to this forum and we can share tips on how to survive teenage years with lupus.

Thank You everyone!

Thanks

i can honestly say i was diagnosed as a teen and i have my degree and have a fairly "normal" life people on the outside have no idea that i have a disability. It is possible however i want to make one suggestion visit the disability office at your college for help because it can be way too much for anyone let alone with a disease that triggers it, you would be surprised what they can do for you!