Thread: A bit shocking

Thanks

Default A bit shocking

Hey
    I recently came across this email and I was quite shocked. Please read it and give your comments. Thank You!

ASPARTAME - THE SILENT KILLER

For those who take
    Ricola & Fisherman , please note that they both contain Aspartame - the silent killer.

Fisherman Sweets
    FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO EAT FISHERMAN SWEETS BE CAREFUL: Sugar free products contain ASPARTAME .. So don't consume Sugar free product esp. 'fisherman sweets' ASPARTAME - THE SILENT KILLER (by Ron Harder)

To those who prefer to consume artificial flavouring:

There is an epidemic across North America today of Multiple Sclerosis and Lupus. Most people do not understand why this epidemic is happening, and they do not know why these diseases are so rampant. I would like to share with you the main reason we are having this very serious problem. Many people today use artificial sweeteners in their tea or coffee.

They do this because the ads they see on TV tell them that sugar is bad for their health. This is absolutely true. Sugar is toxic to us , but what most people use as a replacement for sugar is much more deadly. I am talking about ASPARTAME. It is the cause of the epidemic that was mentioned above. ASPARTAME is an extremely toxic chemical that is produced by a chemical company called Monsanto.

ASPARTAME is being marketed around the world as a sugar substitute and is found in all diet soft drinks, such as Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. It is also found in artificial sweeteners such as NutraSweet, Equal, and Spoonful; and it is used in many other products as a sugar replacement.

ASPARTAME is marketed as a diet product, but it is not a diet product at all. In fact, it will cause you to GAIN weight because it makes you crave carbohydrates. Causing you to gain weight is only a very small part of what ASPARTAME does. It is a toxic chemical that changes the brain's chemistry. It can and does cause severe seizures.

This chemical changes the dopamine level in the brain, and it is particularly deadly for anyone suffering from Parkinson's disease.

ASPARTAME is extremely poisonous, and here is why one of the toxic ingredients of it is wood alcohol. When the temperature of
    ASPARTAME exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in it is converted to Formaldehyde, and then to formic acid, which in turn causes folic acidosis.

FORMALDEHYDE is grouped in the same class of poisons as Cyanide and Arsenic which are very deadly toxins. The only difference is, Formaldehyde kills quietly, and it takes a little longer. And, in the process of killing people, it causes all kinds of neurological problems. There are 92 documented symptoms of Aspartame Poisoning leading to coma and death.

The majority of these symptoms are neurological, because the ASPARTAME attacks and destroys the nervous system. One of these symptoms is Lupus, which has become almost as rampant as Multiple Sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers.

So how is it?

Thanks

:shock: WOW!! I had no idea. I normally don't care for artificial sweetners, but about 2-3 yrs ago I got hooked on Crystal Light and Tea-2-Go and thier off brands. That kinda kills the craving for those. I was drinking them because I don't really care to drink all that water, I change my mind. The water's not that bad. Thanks for the info, I'm showing this to my mom. She drinks these drinks a lot.
    Cheryl

Thanks

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

I looked this up on SNOPES.COM, as I've never used aspertame, nor has my significant other, who has MS.

Per Snopes, this is FALSE.

It lists many reports from verifiable journals that debunk the false report. I still don't use things with aspertame in them, because I don't like the taste. I'll stick to cane sugar, beet sugar or honey.

Thanks

OH :? , this is all cofusing, and conflicting. I think I'll steer clear of it anyways just to be on the safe side.
    Cheryl

Thanks

i have too heard all the reports about aspartame and its' link to lupus. i don't know what's true with regard to aspartame and if it causes lupus or not. but, i will say that drinking aspartame causes me to have flu like symptoms and aches. i didn't know until i refrained from drinking diet coke for months. i was at the movies and they were out of bottled water. i figured, what the heck, one diet coke won't hurt. i'd been drinking diet coke for years. you guys, i took one swallow and it literally felt like poison going down my throat. i instantly felt sick and achy. i knew then that whether aspartame causes lupus or not, i'm definitely not drinking it. it's the same for me when it comes to sugar, white potatoes, and tomatoes. i did a bunch of research on foods that may trigger flares and those were all on the list. in addition to red meat, green peppers, and dairy products. the last three don't seem to cause any problems for me. so, i just stay away from aspartme period.

Thanks

Default Unsure

Well, thanks for the link for the snopes webbie. It really explains the situation. But, anyway I will just stay clear from those things that contains it, just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, this is just what I think; I get a bit annoyed when people drink diet coke or diet pepsi just so that they can enjoy the drink and stay slim at the same time. For me; heck, if you want to drink it, drink the real thing (original coke, pepsi). If you want to stay slim, than don't drink those at all. Anybody agree with me?

Thanks

I agree with you Rayhanah! In fact, I've read that diet soda can actually make you gain weight - so have a REAL Coke or Pepsi now and then, in between times stick to iced tea (NOT sweet!) or water. Much better for you!

Here's a link to an article about weight gain and diet soda. The link is on WebMD, which is typically a reliable source. THere are many other articles as well. http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050...in-more-weight

Thanks

Default Agree

Thanks hatlady, for agreeing with me. Haha. So people out there, just get the real deal!

Thanks

My favorite soda is Coke Zero. I am not a big fan of regular coke or pepsi because it is too sweet and bubbly for me. But Coke zero tastes great....no diet taste! I'm not sure what it is made with though. Probably can't be good!! LOL.

I've read a lot recently about using anything artificial like sweetners or margarine. Our body doesn't know how to process it, so the real thing is better. I'll use splenda in my coffee, but that's about it. I use real butter (but usually olive oil) too.