Thread: i am here for my girlfriend and i need guidance!

Thanks

Default i am here for my girlfriend and i need guidance!

my girlfriend who i love very much has lupus sle. she was originally diagnosed about 7 years ago when she moved to USA. she is of persian ethnicity. she is 26 years old. i want to help her to get it in remission.

Thanks

It's so great that you want to help your girlfriend reach remission. It can be elusive - and I don't think you'll find anyone to give you guarantees that it will happen. But it DOES happen for some people with lupus. I wish I could tell you how to make that happen for her. Here's what I've learned about living with lupus: It's important to have a good doctor that really understands autoimmune disease; follow the doctor's advise; take your meds; rest; avoid stress and exposure to the sun; eat a 'heart healthy' diet and exercise (moderately) when disease symptoms allow. Even if it doesn't mean 'remission' those things may make it a lot easier to live with the disease. I hope the best for both of you.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Dear Evilsin,

Please see my other post under Laurie's Lounge.

Welcome!

Faith