Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im back, and Im still undiagnosed

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Teresa,

It's not often that I see an update on an old thread like this. I'm glad you found your way back here, though I wish it were under better circumstances. I'm sorry that after all this time you are still in diagnostic limbo. Your story is unfortunately all too common. I've seen my share of rheumo's who casually dismiss the possibility of Lupus based only on a single ANA result. It's ridiculous. I honestly believe that the average WHL member has a better grasp of the facts about Lupus, including the diagnostic criteria, than do most Rheumotologists.

You will find some new faces here, but there are some you might know from a few years ago who are still active here, mnjodette and sick n tired being two. I joined WHL two years ago, and became a moderator here about one year ago. I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004, and with overlapping MS just over a year ago. Living with two autoimmune disorders isn't that different than living with one.

Anyway, welcome back. I hope we can lend you some support in your search for a proper diagnosis.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 03-29-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks

Welcome back, Teri,
    I hope that you have better luck with getting a diagnosis this time. Look for a good rheumatologist who will treat the symptoms, not just depend on the blood tests. You might feel better with the proper meds.
    Keep looking for a good doc, and keep us informed.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Theresa;
    I am so glad to see you back with us. But, I am very sorry to hear that you still have no diagnosis and are still suffering from so many symptoms.
    However, I am very proud of you for keeping a list/journal of your symptoms and for standing up to you doctor to make him run the appropriate tests. Now, it is very true that a qualified rheumatologist will probably be the best doctor for you. However, in the meantime, you are doing the right thing by insisting that your current doctor listen to you and test you!
    Unfortunately, your story is much too common and the fact that you've been dealing with this for years is also, sadly, too common. Please keep up your insistence that doctors pay attention to you and that they do what needs to be done to give you some sort of answer! You know that we are always here for you! I wish you the very best and, again, I am so glad to see you back here with us.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I hope you get some answers soon,heck I hought it took a long time for me to get DX'D...hang in there and god bless.

Troy