Thread: Doctors...healthcare providers?

Thanks

Default Doctors...healthcare providers?

I was diagnosed by my GP. He has treated my daughter for three years for fibro and chronic fatigue. He is the only doc that really listened and tried to figure out what was going on with her.

I have diabetes also. He seems to be much more concerned with my blood sugar levels than any thing else. I just started seeing him for my diabetes. He is a good doctor but I dunno. I believe that he is not getting the whole pain causes me stress which increases blood glucose levels yada, yada, yada. I have only seen him twice for my lupus and diabetes, once on Nov 9 and a second time three weeks later. At the first appt he diagnosed lupus and lectured me on my blood sugars. He put me on celebrex and glumetza(diabetes med) The second appt he took me off celebrex and had me take OTC anti inflamitory(ibuprofen) 800mg 4x a day and increased my glumetza. My next appt is Jan 7.

Any suggestions and/or input?

I am wondering if I should see a rheumatologist and go back to my endocrinologist?

Thanks

Don't know what to say. You say he does listen - that is a godsend in a doc.

An endochrinologist is a great idea if you have diabetes, who knows, he/she may have some input on the interaction with the lupus. And a rheumy can be helpful, especially early on or when you're in a flare.

The most important thing, though, is finding docs who listen - and who you trust.

Thanks

Hi Noodlemom,

I am not sure if you believe in natural herbal tablets. A lot of diabetics control blood sugars by Cinnamon capsules and Super Citrimax aka Garcinia cambogia. This is also how a lot of europeans control it.

Swansons vitamins usually has them reasonably priced if you are interested in checking into it. Garcinia Cambogia is good for losing weight also. I use both and in no way associated with the company; it works.

Happy holidays and take care,

Faith