Thread: exhaustion...and other new symptoms

Thanks

Default exhaustion...and other new symptoms

what can I do ? I am newly diagnosed. Nov. 9 I have extreme pain which fluctuates from really bad to horrible to very little and then back again. I struggle so much with exhaustion. I have no endurance my legs hurt and feel so wobbly. I cannot walk more than to the end of my driveway. I do make it back up to the house but then I have to lay down. Takes me forever to do anything and then I need to sleep for a couple of hours...if I can sleep. I have trouble sleeping due to the pain.
    I am on Lyrica and am waiting for my doc to call so I can get it increased.
    New symptoms Im having are nausea, nose bleeds, very itchy skin and my rash is back.

What can I do to combat this physical exhaustion?
    Anyone have encouragement or help for me?

Thanks

NoodleMom, It sounds like you're in a major flare right now, I hope it passes soon!

All I can suggest is sleep - try naps throughout the day if you can.

To combat the itchy skin ( a problem I have in the winters) shower with warm (not HOT) water, using gentle soap - or something with oatmeal in it. Then as you get out of the shower rub some body oil on your skin, then gently towel dry. I like the Lavender body oil that Trader Joe's sells - light scent and light natural oils. If possible - stay away from mineral oil based, use natural oils. Sometimes that helps me feel better all over - as the scent relaxes me and lets me sleep.

Pace yourself. If you have to walk slower - do it. Early on, I had many of these same issues - I learned to just sit and watch my garden grow. (Literally!) Of course, wearing sunscreen, long sleeves and pants, and a wide brimmed hat...

Gentle hugs, dear!

Thanks

You get nose bleeds too? Don't know what mine's from. Started off and on a few years ago. Annoying, isn't it?
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get nose bleeds more often than I care to discuss. My doctor says it may be due, in part, to my migraines and chronic post nasal drip. Who knows...they just show up

Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Noodlemom, I'm sorry you're facing these new symptoms. I've gotten nosebleeds most of my life (herditary problem, actually.) I've had most of the blood vessels in my nose cauterized, I think!! There are good ointments you can buy over-the-counter to help the dryness in your nose (which may be causing the nosebleeds.) Be sure that there isn't some underlying cause - like high blood pressure, though - mention it to your doctor. Plaquenil is what helped with my fatigue - took a number of months to work, but it does make a difference. It's not gone, but it isn't so mind-numbing. I hope you're feeling better - take if very, very easy during the holidays. It's sooooo easy to overdo, isn't it?
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Oh my gosh, when you said chronic post nasal drip I about fell out of my chair. I thought I had allergies that were unrelated to anything else. It just amazes me how many things I have just dismissed as nothing, have ended up being part of lupus. No wonder doctors tend to overlook what we tell them for so long, when we do the same thing. It's the whole compilation of symptoms that is hard to do. Just reading the messages on this board have helped me to organize my symptoms together instead of them remaining a maddening jumble of seemingly disconnected things. Taken one at a time they appear to be unrelated. Put them all together and they spell lupus. As Mr Spock would say, Fascinating![/quote]

Thanks

so this post nasal drip?

I think i get that. is that when your nose just seems to run? its a clear fluid like water almost?

maybe im just paranoied?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Post Nasal Drip;

For me, it is constantly blowing my nose (especially in the morning after it's dripped all night). It causes me to have a constant cough which, more often than not, is productive (yuck!) I have rhinitis with post nasal drip. Rhinitis is inflammation of the inner lining of the nose.
    I think that I actually have allergic rhinitis which is characterized by an itchy/runny nose, sneezing, and nasal congestion. Other allergic symptoms include itchy ears and throat, Eustachian tube problems, red/watery eyes, cough, fatigue/loss of concentration/lack of energy from loss of sleep, and headaches or facial tenderness. Rhinitis can be either acute or chronic and, because of my Lupus, mine is chronic.
    However, my doctor tends to think that I have Non–allergic rhinitis (also called vasomotor rhinitis). This occurs in those patients in whom an allergic cause cannot be identified. Vasomotor rhinitis is thought to occur because of abnormal regulation of nasal blood flow and may be induced by temperature fluctuations in the environment and some foods that induce mucus flow.

Post–nasal drip is a mucus accumulation in the back of the nose and throat leading to or giving the sensation of mucus dripping downward from the back of the nose. Chronic rhinitis is characterized by persistent irritation and inflammation of the lining tissues of the nose. One of the most common characteristics of chronic rhinitis is post–nasal drip. Post–nasal drip may lead to chronic sore throat, never-ending nose blowing and a cough. Post–nasal drip can sometimes cause an excessive or thick secretions or impairment in the normal clearance of mucus from the nose or throat. :?

Sounds like tons of fun huh? Oh how we suffer from one thing or another as a result of our Lupus!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!