Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection between brain and hand

Thanks

Default Connection between brain and hand

Here is a goofy one for you: The last six months I have noticed that I not only have a difficult time holding a pen without pain, but, when writing, the words on the paper are missing letters. I have to go back and fill in the missing characters.

My writing used to be flowing and artsy, now it's sloppy and stilted.

Has anyone else noticed missing letters in their written words? Typing is fine, handwriting is an illiterate joke. Any connection between pen-in-hand and brain noticed by anyone?

Thanks

I noticed this kinda..
    I would be writing the and write he then the t ! is that what you do? i just thought i was having a brain fart~ but it did happen to me more then once or twice..

Thanks

I get it now and again too. My SO, who has MS has the problem more than I.....she was a Civil Engineer, and prided herself in her script and printing when she worked on plans. Now her handwriting is somewhat illegible.

I think it is some nerve involvement - but don't know for sure. I just chalk it up to a combination of old age, lupus, and stress!

Thanks

Default My guess is brain fog

I have the same issue -- I just think my hand is moving faster than my mind...

Thanks

Default me too!

i have the same problem!!! i thought it was just me! i always prided myself on my beautiful writing and obsessive compulsive spelling. now i forget letters all the time, or try to write the wrong letter... i think my brain moves faster than my hand too, which is why typing works so much better for me cause all my fingers are involved.

Thanks

Wow... It's really funny,

I had not made the connection until reading these posts. My signature has changed.. after 30 years of cursive writing, I'm having issues remembering how to spell my own name. My signature now looks different because I have to slow down and think, and also... i've been leaving letters out.

The other 'hand to brain' issue I have is that I often "forget" I have something in my hand and just drop it. Sometimes a full drink, other times a pen or clothing. I spill drinks so often it's embarrasing.

Sonya

Thanks

My signature has changed, use to flow, with waves and ease...now it is chicken scratches all 25 letters to my name, not including my middle name just a middle initial. On my checks, I write the first letter and literally scribble the rest

I sent a friend quite a few snaps vial US Mail, and annotated with pen ink on the back...good heavens she is probably wondering what 5 year old I had doing that chore...

I prefer typing, not that it is easier to do, errors galore, it is just I don't have to erase or start all over. My typing is getting terrible, missing letters, perhaps from weak fingers not pressing the keys enough. Words inserted, left wondering how they even got there or words disappearing. Hells what was I trying to type there I wonder...I do a lot of editing...

They feel like club fingers, like a six pack of Ball Park Franks. Sheesh someone might mistake them and put them in a bun. Today they hurt. I just dosed with a scored Xanax and two Naproxen and relief is on the way.

Love,
    uOlaw
    who dat?

Thanks

Oh what a dilly I am, I actually stopped in to say hi to Sonya as it had been a spell. Tracked you down by your last post. And the next thing I know I was replying to the topic...who am I?

How are you, Sonya besides dropping drinks...

Thinking of you,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Hi Oluwa.

Actually doing really well.... mostly. I'm just getting up for the day, as it turns out I needed some extra sleep and my body just took over, and kept me in bed today.

I've been out of the flare for several months, which is good, but I'm still trying to figure out this fibromyalgia thing. The weather keeps changing, and my joints don't appreciate it one bit. Fatigue still hovers over my head anytime I think I've gotten things under control... it slaps me around.

How are you? I know you had a rough few months. Feeling better?

Sonya

Thanks

Hi Sonya,

I'm not doing too bad myself. Gosh, indeed much better since unknowingly using milk as a diet. Just having the usual squabbles and banter with IT.

When you mentioned the weather, that triggered a thought. With this cold weather snap in the south I wonder if that is why my joints are being mean to me.

These diseases are like a puzzle, aren't they and like a mathematical problem. How it all fits and the formula to make us feel somewhat well. I am fine tuning my concoction....

I loved your expression..slaps me around. I visualize a head flopping about like a live fish in the gripe of a hand. Twack..twack..

Happy to know you are doing well...sleep, it does a body good. Milk it is out of my life...trying to do the 10 minute sun on my arm thing for bones. We just need a 10 minute contact, anywhere so they say.

Happy Thursday..
    Oluwa