Thread: Abdominal cramping..

Thanks

Default Abdominal cramping..

For about three different times now within the past two weeks, I've had this AWFUL abdominal cramping that comes in waves(it will hurt for a couple minutes, go away for a few mintues, come back, etc.) and it lasts for about an hour or two. The pain was literally unbearable. The three times it occured, it came on at night. Has anyone experienced pain like that?
    I don't know what to attribute the pain to. I saw a gynecologist last week because of that pain, and she said, due to my constant menstrual cramps throughout the month that vary in intensity, she said I might have endometriosis, and she put me on Yaz, but advised me to go see a GI doctor. I have my first appointment with a GI doctor tomorrow morning to see what is going on. For the past five years, I've had what is believed to be IBS, but I don't think it's the IBS that caused these past three times I've had abdominal cramps as this is a newer pain, but regardless, it will be nice to get medicine from a GI doctor to help with the IBS, I should have done that years ago.
    Or could this abdominal cramping be from lupus flaring up? Does that happen?
    Another possibility I am thinking is, maybe it's the prednisone? I was on 15 mg, tapered to 10 mg, then three days later got the abdominal cramping. Then I went back up to 15 mg, then went down to 10 mg again, and the day after I got the cramping, then a couple more days later, I got it again. Could it possibly be the prednisone that's causing the abdominal cramps? Has anyone else experienced that with tapering prednisone?
    Sorry for the long post, but if anyone can offer any thoughts or tell me their experience with this, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks

The only time I had bad abdominal pain like that is when I was on Cytoxan, are you on it? Other than that, I don't have much to say for that area other than it maybe gyn related. Either way, I hope it subsides soon.

Thanks

Default cramps

I get really bad cramps like that. I also have ibs, I'm no Doc, but I don't think the two are related. Heating pad helps. My gyno says that she doesn't see anything that can be causing them. I've got a lot of problems in that area too though, so I really couldn't tell ya. I hope that your docs can give you some relief. It hurts really bad I know. Sometimes I have to hold my stomache in an upward position when I walk. It really sucks! I have it most all the time now. Have you had any operations that they had to cut you like as in a cezarion? Spelling sucks too. Sorry.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unfortunately, one of the common symptoms of IBS is mild to severe abdominal cramping. Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder that is characterized most commonly by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea. For some people, however, the cramping and pain of IBS can be disabling.

Chron's Disease (one of the Inflammatory Bowel Diseases - the other being ulcerative colitis) can also cause abdominal cramping.

Another cause of abdominal cramping could be an Urinary Tract Infection. However, the cramping is also accompanied by an uncomfortable burning sensation, or pain when urinating or immediately afterward.

Perhaps your doctor can check for all three to see exactly what is causing your cramping! Please keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!