Hello, my name is Alanah, and i'm seventeen.

My mother was diagnosed with lupus about sixteen years ago. Earlier this year i started showing signs of raynaud's phenomenom, and didn't think much of it. I discovered what it was and what it was a sign of this summer. I told my mother and she told me that it was definitely not good, that i'm already a good candidate for lupus. Around september i started having pain in my wrists and hands, it started off minor, then i just started losing mobility in them, they hurt to move and were incredibly stiff. However, this was around the time that my mom's lupus was just off the charts. She was completely dependent on us and she was our number one priority, so i didnt tell them what was going on. Now that she is doing a lot better, i'm continuing to not feel good, she's noticed, and has said that we should get me checked out soon, but thats been said before. I'm constantly uncomfortable, and it's taking a toll on me emotionally too. I stumbled upon this site and just reading the replies to others' posts made me feel not so alone. we still dont have an appointment set up yet, despite the times ive told my mom how awful i feel. i dont know if she's afraid of what we might find out and is putting it off, or what. personally, i just dont want to be in pain anymore, but its never that easy...