Thread: I HAVE LUPUS BUT AM HOPEFUL

Thanks

Default I HAVE LUPUS BUT AM HOPEFUL

hi all am wafa,,i got lupus since i dont kno wen,but i discovered it april 2006 by that my both kidneys were failed.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Wafa :lol:
    Welcome to our family. It is good to always remain hopeful. With medication, self-care, lifestyle changes and a good attitude, it is possible to manage your disease so that you can maintain a reasonably normal lifestyle.
    You mentioned that your kidneys failed. Are you taking medication (steroids and/or immunosuppressants)? How are your kidneys functioning now?
    We are a family here and we all welcome you to that family. You may come to us with any questions and we will do our very best to answer them for you. Also, we are here to give you support, understanding, comfort and a place to vent your feelings!
    I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi,,
    thanx for ur reply,,i was so glad from the phrase(we r family)
    coz its really comforting ,,anyways,,,my both kidneys failed n in oct 2006 i hav transplanted 1 ,,my bros. donatd,,since then am fine,,i take immunosuppressants n predislone ,,am fine now,,but afer the tranpslant am having irregular periods,,till they found oavrian cysts,,now my gyno gave me hormones 4 that(estrogern,progestron)but as i kno that it sheds lupus,,so i stopped it wen yesterday i went to my transp. followup my lupus results were not good since its slight active,,now ,,wat do u think going solve my cysts problem???

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi :lol:
    Simple ovarian cysts are common in women of childbearing age. Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that can form on the ovary when one or more of the egg-containing follicles mature, but do not release the egg into the fallopian tube.
    There are several different types of cysts:
    Functional or follicular cysts: These cysts are completely normal and form during ovulation. They usually either disappear during menstruation, or shrink within a few months. Only women who are ovulating form functional cysts.
    Endometriomas - These cysts develop in women who have endometriosis, a condition in which tissue from the lining of the uterus (endometrium) grows in other areas, such as on the fallopian tubes, the ovaries, and on other organs outside of the uterus. Because uterine tissue is sensitive to hormones, it bleeds monthly, which may cause it to form a growing cyst on the ovary. These cysts can be painful during sexual intercourse and during menstruation.
    Benign cystic tumors or cystadenomas - These cysts are non-cancerous and are often filled with liquid. They develop from cells on the outer surface of the ovary.
    Dermoid cysts - Because of the ability of certain cells in the ovaries to develop into any number of types of cells, occasionally a cyst will develop that contains cells of hair, teeth, and other growing tissues. They are often small and may not cause symptoms. They can, however, become large and cause pain.
    Multiple Cysts - Women who do not ovulate regularly can develop multiple cysts. This can be caused by a hormonal imbalance called polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS include irregular menstrual periods, infertility, and increased body hair.
    Paraovarian cysts - These cysts are located along side the ovaries or on the fallopian tubes and can mimic true cysts of the ovaries. They can become large and should be watched.
    Cysts can also twist, bleed, or they can rupture. Most cysts are benign or not cancerous. If cysts are a recurring problem, hormonal therapy can be used to shrink an existing cyst and/or keep new cysts from forming (such as the medication prescribed by your doctor). Surgery may be needed if the cyst is causing symptoms or if it is more than 2 inches across. If surgery is needed, a benign cyst can often be removed without removing the ovary. Ovarian cystectomy refers to removal of the ovarian cyst. An oophorectomy is a procedure that removes the entire affected ovary.
    With reference to Lupus, young women who are treated with long-term oral anticoagulation for antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) have been known to develop ovarian cysts.
    Studies have shown that women with Lupus are more prone to get ovarian cysts than women who do not have Lupus. Many women with Lupus develop what is known as polycystic ovary disease. However, the treatment for ovarian cysts is the same regardless of Lupus or non-lupus. So, to stop the treatment because you feel that the cyst is due to Lupus may not be a good idea. Speak with your doctor about the treatment and try to get an understanding of what the treatment is for!

I wish you the very best
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Is it more common for woman who have lupus to have problems with their female organs? the reason I ask is I have a typical cells in my cervix and have had many other problems, PID twice and irrgeular periods throught my whole life. are these types of things more common in woman who have an immune deficency?

Thanks

Default lupus

i dont think that all who got lupus had such probs.

coz i never had any problems till after the transplant??

only now am getting all of the cysts n other stuff/