have my daughter and husband come pick me up from work. I could not
    drive. I am getting a BAD case of exhaustion starting too. Please let
    me know if you have ever heard of Imflamed nodules. Heat seems to
    help, but those heat wraps are getting expensive with as many as I am
    having to use.

Thanks to everyone,
    Elsie Johnson

Thanks

I HAVE NOT HAD A DR. THAT COULD TELL WHAT THEY ARE BUT AROUND MY ANKLE & HEELS I HAVE NOD. SOMETIMES THE SIZE OF DIME & SOMETIMES LIKE A NICKEL JUST ACCORDING IF I HAVE BEEN ON MY FEET. HOPE THIS HELP YOU TO KNOW IT HAS HELPED ME TO KNOW WHAT THAT MAY BE.

Thanks

Default Inflamed nodules

Your very welcome. Though after a week on the higher dosage of Predisone it has not seemed to help. Not sure why though.

Elsie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Many people with Lupus develop Vasculitis. Vasculitis is an inflammation of the blood vessels. Several things can happen to an inflamed blood vessel:
    * If it is a small vessel, it may break and produce tiny areas of bleeding in the tissue. These areas will appear as small red or purple dots on the skin.
    * If a larger vessel is inflamed, it may swell and produce a nodule which may be felt if the blood vessel is close to the skin surface.
    * The inside of the vessel tube may become narrowed so that blood flow is reduced.
    * The inside of the vessel tube may become totally closed, usually by a blood clot which forms at the site of inflammation.
    * If blood flow is reduced or stopped, the tissues which receive blood from that vessel begin to die. For example, a person with vasculitis of a medium-sized artery in the hand may develop a cold finger which hurts whenever it is used.
    * Occasionally this can progress to gangrene.

Vasculitis can cause different symptoms, depending on which part of the body is involved. The symptoms can vary from very mild to causing major organ damage.

The symptoms include - muscle & joint pain, fatigue, malaise, fever, weight loss. Red/purple dots (known as petechiae) can develop on the skin, larger spots are known as purpura. Other skin symptoms include - hives, lumpy rashes, gangrene of fingers & toes, ulcers.

Vasculitis in the brain can cause seizures, strokes, headaches & confusion. It can affect the peripheral nerves, causing numbness & tingling, & loss of sensation.

Vasculitis in the heart & kidneys is uncommon in lupus patients. In the lungs it can cause attacks which are like pneumonia, which can lead to scarring of the lung tissue.

Blurred vision can be an indication of vasculitis in the small blood vessels in the retina.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

THANK-YOU I WILL TALK TO MY NEW RHEMY AFTER THE 1ST OF YEAR SHELIA

Thanks

Default Inflamed nodules

Went to Rhuemy today and he said my Lupus is having a really bad flare right now and proscribed Metrotrexate for a month. I have to go back in 2 weeks to see him. He said it will take 2 to 4 weeks to start showing improvements.
    I hope something gives soon. I am ready to be done with this flare up . This is the worst one I have had in about 6 months.

Elsie