Thread: NEW MEMBER

Thanks

Default NEW MEMBER

HELLO I JOIN THE FORUM ON DEC 15TH BUT I'M CONFUSED ON HOW TO GET OWN & TALK. I THOUGHT I TOLD ABOUT MYSELF LAST TIME.BUT I WILL AGAIN. I AM 51 YRS OLD WHEN I WAS 45 I HAD A HEART ATTACK.NO DAMAGE THANK GOD BUT I JUST COULD NOT GET TO FEEL BETTER ANYWAY LONG STORY SHORT I DO HAVE NUMEROUS THINGS WRONG WITH ME. THE BIG THING THAT BOTHER ME IS THAT I GO TO A RHEMY. SHE NOW HAS ME ON PLAQUINIL WHICH HAS HELPED WITH LESS FLARES SHE DX WITH FIBRO & I HAVE A POSITIVE ANA FOR ABOUT 2 OR 3 YRS NOW BUT SHE WILL NOT DX WITH LUPUS I AM GOING TO NEW DR. 1ST OF YEAR. I JUST WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE I HAVE LOTS OF SYMPTONS CHRONIC HIVES,FATIGUE,PLUERSY IN CHEST. JOINT PAIN. THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME GOING IS MY PAIN DR. GIVES ME A STEROID SHOT ABOUT EVERY 3 MONTHS IN MY SPINE BECAUSE OF BULGING DISK,DEGENERATIVE DISK& ARTHERISTIS WELL NOT COMPLANEING. JUST WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE HAS THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE WITH A DR.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome :lol:
    What you describe has happened to many of us. As you will read in these forums, it can sometimes take up to a year before we get a definite diagnosis and some of us have never gotten a definite diagnosis (other than undifferentiated connective tissue disease [UCTD]). This can happen when our lab results do not confirm any specific disease because some are negative while others are positive and then they change (the negatives become positive and the positives become negative). We only know that we are suffering from some form of auto-immune/connective tissue disease.
    The diagnostic process is lengthy and frustrating, to say the least. A positive ANA can indicate many things and is not a marker for Lupus. Along with a positive ANA, doctors need to confirm other lab results as well as symptoms. Many of the auto-immune/connective tissue diseases also have a positive ANA.
    So, you are not alone. Also, many of us have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia along with our Lupus...so here again, you are not alone!
    I am happy that the Plaquenil is giving you some relief. Perhaps you and your doctor could discuss the use of immune suppressants (like methotrexate) or the use of regular corticosteroids (like Prednisone) in order to manage your other symptoms. Elsewhere on these forums are explanations for these drugs. However, if you have any questions about them or need any further information, we are here to help you as much as we can!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

thank -you for the info it is nice to here from other people that seem to suffer like you do. because there are times i even start believing there nothing wrong when i am the one in pain. i have what you call good day bad day i coudn't understand that to it happen to me. i have to take pain meds twice a day on a good day & more on a bad day & heat really helps me alot well got to start getting ready for christmas hope you & your family have a merry christmas. shelia

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lupus is a disease that is known for its periods of relapse and remission. Like you, some of us have good days (remission) and then we crash and burn into bad days (relapse). There is not set length of time between relapse and remission and no set amount of time that either of them will last. The relapse/remission syndrome is as different and unpredictable as the disease itself.
    It helps to take note of what you did or did not do, what you ate or did not eat and what was happening or not happening on those days when you relapse and on those days when you feel better. What you want to do is repeat the activities, diet and atmosphere of the days when you feel better.

I wish you a very wonderful holiday season

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!