Thread: SCLE any who has had this please read

Thanks

Default SCLE any who has had this please read

I have been dealing with this rash for over 4 mths and it seems to come and go, it started on my arm then moved to my upper parts of my arm then all over my legs! I am curious if alcohol has anything to do with the flare? it seems that the two times i drank i had this rash instantly develope! please i need to knwo what to do to prevent these from coming i cant emotionally deal with how I look when i have this rash.. the only positive thing is i dont have to shave that part of my legs!!! ( i know its pathetic but its a small joy among how bad it was)

Thanks

Hi Joakris,

Hmmm, that is interesting that the rash developed when you drank. You might want to eliminate whatever you are drinking; and foods to see if you are maybe allergic? I know this sounds crazy; but as your system changes you can develope allergies. I used to be able to eat salads; no more iceburg lettuce for me. It's now spinach.

Please see my response in "New Members." Hang in there and take care.

Faith :lol:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Many people with Lupus have found that drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes seems to worsen their symptoms. It is not known exactly why this happens, but it is suggested that we who suffer with Lupus do not smoke and that we do not drink to excess (or if drinking causes problems, that we not drink alcohol at all).

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you ...
    I have been noticng that certain foods are now not my friend... Like milk, cheese... pretty much everything dairy. ( which is weird because i used to eat dairy like it was going out of style) but now i get the bg's
    ( bubble guts) and feel horrible... I guess this whole lupus thing is still very new to me and i'm struggling to find my way..
    Have either of you had this rash? and does it seem to re occur with certain elements? I know for sure stress and alcohol, I am going to go to an alergist to find out what else i am now allergic to! this is just frustrating.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I, too, have developed an complete intolerance to dairy and I was always a big milk drinker (I could drink a half gallon of milk per day). So, I was extremely distressed to discover that I had a lactose intolerance.
    However, there are soooooo many alternatives to the myriad of intolerances that I've developed (many foods have had to be eliminated also, like seafood.....no more shrimp, no more lobster, no more crab ). Anyway, you need not do without. Go to your local health food store and you will discover that there are good tasting alternatives. You can have milk (many brands now make lactose free milk), soy cream for ice cream (comes in many delicious flavors), soy and/or tofu cheese, imitation crab meat (made from fish, not seafood), etc. I have actually enjoyed discovering different options and have found many of them to be actually quite tasty! So, don't give up, there's an alternative for almost everything that you want to try!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

i guess im confused as to how you develope an alergy all of a sudden? the only thing I have ever been allerigic to is anything that is not 24 k gold!!! ( nickel) I know what a bad allergy :lol:

Thanks

Hi Joakris,

Your immune system somewhat changes. I was never allergic to lettuce and then sudenly after being diagnosed with Lupus, I am allergic to lettuce, rice, yeast.

My suggestion is to see an allergist, and then see a dermotologist that treats Lupus. Have the dermo diagnosis the rash. Have you had a biopsy? That would be next to determine what it is. What does your rash look like?

I look forward to your reply. Hang in there and take care.

Faith

Thanks

Thanks Faith,

Yes I have seen a dermatologist 3 of them! the 1st one sent me to the other 2 just to reconfirm her intial clinical reaction. SCLE the weird thing is i had 3 biopsy and the 1st one suggested SCLE and or an alergic reaction. then I had my 2nd and 3rd biopsy and this was done with the direct imuuoflorecence test and this came back alergic reaction? the only thing i can think of is the fact that i was on high doses of prednizone for over a month when the 2nd and 3rd were taken. I have pictures of my rash and would be willing to send them to ANY ONE who can tell me if this is what it looks like. I looked up every rash possible and this is the same exact rash! i even lost the pigmentaion and hair in the spots that i had it. When i look at the pitures it almost brings me to tears knowing that my skin was that bad.
    My rash is coming back and it is really frustrating, i dont know what the hell it is from and why it keeps coming and going when it feels like it! its on my arm now and shows up on my chest as well.
    it was all over my legs and thank god it never got to my face. =(

Thanks

Hi Joakris,

Hang in there, I know it's really frustrating. Believe me, we have all been there at one time or another. You feel like your body is defying you and you just want it to stop.

Okay, give us a description of the rash. First, is it coin shaped meaning round like a penney? Is it slightly raised above the rest of your skin? Many dermotologists don't specialize in Lupus skin issues and therefore you will get a lot of varying diagnosis. You have to fight for an anwer!! Keep copies of all lab work and biopsies. I finally put together a binder with everything in it.

I look forward to your reply. Take care and don't worry.

Faith

Thanks

okay it starts out with these little red bumps sometimes they are blistery looking, they come in a cluster yes like a coin, on my legs they started out ring shaped and light colored in the middle and pink red around the outside. I looked like a crater! litterally you could see my skin looking like it was the surface of the moon so gross!
    right now the patch i have on my arm is blotchy and I have been applying my trycinamolone so it doesnt develope like it did before.
    I am so scared that this will get as bad as it was that i am willing to do what ever it takes to keep this under control. my skin litterally looked like i was 90 yrs old it went from this extremly raw looking stage to this wrinkly dry no hair and color stage. to now still no hair and blotchy color but softer then ever?
    the thing is is that i want to be able to show the derm look its back and how it developes over its course... its like how can i get someone to diagnos me if they cant see the rash? i get it in the same spots and i have one spot on my breast that looks like a big circle who wants a 3rd nipple? i just keep takin pics and hope that someone will be able to help me..