Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'M BACK! :)

Thanks

Hi!

Mnjodette: I'm SO sorry to hear that you are still struggling with this problem! I've never had Pericarditis, but I know that it's extremely painful! Pleurisy, on the other hand, is a friend who visits often! :lol:

Missy: Thanks, Missy! How are you doing?

Keep well!
    xxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

ILoveHistory;
    I've been out of town and just read your post. First, I am so happy that you are finally getting relief from all of your symptoms. I, like your mother, am very angry with the doctor's who refused to believe your symptoms. I'm reminded of when my daughter would tell emergency room doctors in Nevada that she was having heart problems and they dismissed her saying that this was impossible because she was too young. My daughter finally passed away as a result of the damage that this disease had done to her heart.
    I am glad that you and your mother finally stood up for your rights and found a way to make someone listen and get you help. I pray that these treatments will continue to give you relief and that you continue to move towards being symptom free. Especially from the pain and seizures!!
    I completely understand your mother's trepidation at the possibility of you suffering from one more thing that might be brought on by the computer. So, while you were truly missed, your absence is completely understandable. Will you be allowed to retake your tests? It seems to me that if your doctor wrote you a note explaining your condition during your test that they should be willing to make allowances for you to retake it! It might be worth pursuing, especially since you've never failed anything before!
    Again...I am so happy to see you back with us, so happy to hear that your symptoms are being treated and I hope and pray for your continued improvement in health!

Welcome Home
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi ILoveHistory -

I'm doing pretty well. I took a job promotion back in June, which meant more hours than the part time work I was doing (I went from 24 hours a week to 32) and lots more responsibility. It's been hard. Some weeks I work more thatn 32 hours and some days are 12 hour days. Some days it's hard to get a lunch break. I made a commitment to stick with it a year, and I really want to keep that commitment, but I've found that I've had less and less energy for the rest of my life, because work has just been consuming all I have. I'm really trying to balance it the best I can and my boss was actually just diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, so she really understands. So, yeah, I'm just taking it one step at a time and really looking forward to next week when I have a week off and get to see my family and friends for the Christmas holidays.

Thanks for asking!!! You are so sweet!
    Missy

Thanks

Hi!

Saysusie: Thank you SO much for all of your very kind words, caring and support! I am SO sorry that you and your daughter had to suffer due to the incompetence of some members of the health profession! How are you doing?

Missy: I'm glad to hear that! I admire your strength and courage in sticking with your job, even though it is so very tiring and difficult! I'm sending you some cyber-strength! It's good that your boss understands; there's little worse than having an obnoxious boss who doesn't understand, believe in or support you...

Keep well!
    xxx

Thanks

It is so good to have you back, ilovehistory! Finally, back on the right track too....

Many many hugs~

Thanks

Thanks, Hatlady! How are you doing?

Keep well!
    xxx

Thanks

Oh my goodness, that's sounds terrible, Ilovehistory! I am sorry you've been in so much pain, and how some doctors didn't even care. That's awful. Are you feeling any better with this medicine? And I really hope there is some way that you can retake those exams!
    Hang in there, I hope you are doing better!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

ILoveHistory;
    I am doing well considering........... Thank You So Much For Asking

I thought that I was going to escape the flu this season...no such luck! But, I am most happy about your health improving. That is a blessing to me :x-mas:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi!

Gisele: Thank you for your concern. Yes, the medication is definitely helping, thanks! I have to insert an Asacol Suppository every night before bed and he's given me something called 'Lp299v' - some type of fancy probiotic - to take three times a day.

Saysusie: I'm sorry to hear that you have the Flu! Feel better soon!

I had to see my G.P. today because I'm having problems with my ears again; I have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction in both ears with Palatal Myoclonus and am almost deaf in my left ear!

Also, I'm having problems with derealisation episodes and olfactory hallucinations; I spoke to my Psychiatrist about some worrisome symptoms and he explained that I'm having derealisation episodes and olfactory hallucinations, but that they're not a psychiatric problem in my case, but rather a neurological one. They're a type of seizure, he said. My first Neurologist felt that I picked up some type of Encephalitis-virus while I was in Austria with the Dysentery and my mom and I are becoming more and more convinced that this is the case... Some virus/auto-immune disease seems to be causing havoc in my central nervous system...

Keep well!
    xxx

Thanks

I'm doing great, ilovehistory, so nice of you to ask!

I hope these olfactory hallucinations go away - and the... derealisation episodes? (Not sure what they are, am going to google it...)

You've had quite the run of it lately, my hopes for you are for a quiet time of comfort, with only the scents that you WANT to smell (like baking cookies - that actually ARE in the oven) and friends around you.

Hugs ~