Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Innards a mess. Warning...maybe TMI.

Thanks

Default Innards a mess. Warning...maybe TMI.

Sheesh..it is happening again. I don't want to go to the hospital again.

I am waiting a call from my doctor to see if I was tested for Celiac Disease or Lactose Intolerance. From my Internet research I don't think I was. I don't think it is the Cymbalta though.

Aside from the standard symptoms listed at websites, they seem so general. If, anyone has either can you please describe your symptoms for me..thank you.

I am sorry...I know this maybe too much info..but egads..er..ugh.. here goes mine...

Nausea to the point at times I vomit. Followed by dry heaves that I end up looking like a racoon from broken capillaries.

Grumbling and sloshing noise inside my stomach and intestines as if a flood gate was opened.

Warning...Gross..Diarrhea...whole undigested, not in any shape, form or color of a BM. Literally, it is the food I ate. Doesn't matter type of food I ate. Citrus, greens or meat. Other times pale white or greenish and like melted ice cream.

Gas that is not of this world. I can't even stand myself at times and times it is like natural gas that heats the house. I could have sworn we had a gas leak. Nope, it was me.

Stomach bloat and lower abdomen bloat. Very hard and big that you can see the protrusion sticking out past my ribs. When in the lower area I look like I am pregnant. Not all the time...seems like there is no pattern to it with food.

Extremely tired, different than Lupus fatigued. Maybe the tiredness is from the Cymbalta. My mind is tired. Hard to get my thoughts jazzed. Not sedated like, just mental exhaustion as though I studied for exams all night.

Starting today no more milk products or oats and see how that goes. I thought I have omitted all the wheat for years but I will have to do a recheck. It is everywhere. Maybe I am missing one of the binders, extenders or something.

Any thoughts?

Embarrassed...sigh. ops:
    Oluwa

Thanks

Oluwa,

Many hugs - though I'm not so sure I want to get that close! (sorry, couldn't resist)

What is going on in your gut does NOT sound like "normal" diarrhea, nor does it sound like lactose intolerance. You need to talk to your doctor - and quickly!

Please keep us posted - but CALL THE DOCTOR!

Thanks

Ah that is funny, Hatlady. Imagine being me... I have to flee. Run from room to room carrying a can of Glade.

Thank you for the hug.

No word from the doctor yet. I suppose after his day is done, 5PM.

I sit and wait.
    Oluwa

Thanks

Prayers going out to you- this sounds like an awful experience. I hope you get a call back soon and some resolution.

Thanks

Ouch Oluwa!

..and no need to feel embarrassed. We are family, and family just giggles when bodily functions interrupt.

I hope the doc called before 5pm so you do not have to wait another day.

I'm sure it is not a simple as IBS, but it does sound similiar. My mother had it, back when they called it 'spastic colon'.... and there was a reason they called it spastic! I can remember sitting in a restaraunt waiting on my poor mom to come out of the bathroom because she just lost everything she just ate. As a kid, I couldn't understand how that happened so quickly.... and then, there was the time my dad jerked the van over to the curb and we vacated to the side of the street gasping for air, while my mom sat there red faced.

Maybe you just need a dog...

Sonya

Thanks

Oh no, Oluwa, that sounds awful!! Please hang in there, this too shall pass. Sending postive thoughts and prayer to you that you will get better very very soon!!

Btw, I love your new avatar!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oluwa,

I had to chime in on this one. I could not resist. but feore I start, forgive me if I misspell things, between the "fog" and swollen hands and fingers, this is not easy as I am sure you know.

I dealt with the same thing for months. and I mean THE SAME thing. mine happened at work thou. :cry:

my dr started to run tests, blood work and such, did test for celtic (sp), which by the way can come back as a false negitive, and I even had 2 colonoscopies (sp?) everythign came back negative, but there I was best friends with the titdy bowl man I know where every good bathroom is in this city :lol:

I have it under control now by myself. I started to eat only low fat foods, then if that worked, tried differnt protiens, beef, chix,fish, etc. that worked, but wheat was a now go. any form or any type, I can not eat-- I have also found that if I try to eat something that is processed (something that I did not make) I get the same result.

maybe something from my story will help you. and I hope it does. I know what you are going thru and what is going thru you

Thanks

Ooops... excuse me..

You guys are just too kind and funny.

Doctor said I wasn't tested for any of those. I guess they were blindly treating me for a bacteria and dehydration...

Since I don't eat wheat he is sure the tests for Celiac would come back negative. After researching my diet isn't gluten-free though. He suggested I come in for further testing. I am not. I am going to do the elimination diet excluding wheat, gluten and dairy products and see how that goes.

Rye isn't gluten free which I eat. I had a beer, not gluten free. For the last three Sundays I ate communion wafers..contains gluten too..so...hummm.

But I am thinking more lactose intolerance since I eat yogurt, cheeses, butter. But when one changes up a few things at the same time, and you get another symptom it seems so hard to pinpoint it and wonder if it is just Lupus. This has been going on since the end of October.

I'll keep an eye on my fat intake. I really don't ingest any processed foods except ham and fries. Oh, I read fries can contain wheat/gluten..who knew.

My dog farts too. Old.. almost 13. Times I've been blamed when it was her. I asked my husband when accused, you didn't see me sniffing myself first did you?

I thought the avatar was appropriate for my condition. Glad you liked.

Thank you, each of you for your prayers, sympathy and puns. It is all good.

Sleep tight. I hope mine will be uneventful.
    Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

oluwa
    I have ahd this happen to me a couple of times. It;s horrable. The gas was so horrable that I started going outside to the garage! I have IBS, but it was deffinitly different. I didn't get tested for it. I thought maybe that it was some kind of flu-mine finally went away. Maybe it's the version of ibs with the flu bug. I hope you get over this soon and feel better.

Take care---
    Diana

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa;
    Have we talked about Fibromyalgia? The common symptoms of FM are Irritable Bowel Syndrome, whose symptoms are constipation, diarrhea, frequent abdominal pain, excessive abdominal gas, and chronic nausea.
    Also, acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) often occurs with the same high frequency as the other listed symptoms. Also, FM's symptoms include severe fatigue, muscles aches and pains, muscle twitches and burning sensations, memory problems (including confusion), sleep disorders (called the alpha-EEG anomaly), headaches, and Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome also known as TMJ or TMD, which causes tremendous jaw-related face and head pain.
    Some more common symptoms of Fibromyalgia include: irritable bladder, the feeling of swollen extremities, skin sensitivities, dry eyes and mouth, dizziness, and impaired coordination can occur. Fibromyalgia patients are often sensitive to odors, loud noises, bright lights, and sometimes even the medications we are prescribed.

Do these symptoms sound like you? If so, ask your doctor about the possibility that you may also have Fibromyalgia!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!