Thread: Mom was diagnosed and just told me

Thanks

Default Mom was diagnosed and just told me

My mother has had problems with her circulation and other issues all of her life. She's tired, has rashes, bruises very easily, doesn't heal like she should.. several other problems as well. She was diagnosed with Lupus a few months ago and just told me today. I'm a 25 yr old mother/stepmom of 3 kids ages 6, 2.5, and 3 months. I'm here looking for support and information. I know very little about Lupus.. all I know is what I have seen in a couple of friends that I know have it that I rarely see. I'm scared and worried about her. She lives alone and works full time. She told me it's active right now and she is taking a lot of medication. I could see her fingers are white again and she looks so weak and frail.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mommasgirl :lol:
    Welcome to our family. You've come to the right place to get support, information and understanding. Like your mother, most of us realized that we suffered from symptoms of Lupus for many years before we were diagnosed. We were always ill with one thing or another and doctors told us that we were crazy or friends told us that we were faking!
    If you peruse the forums here, you will find a lot of information about Lupus, its symptoms, the other diseases that co-exist with Lupus, the treatments, medications and therapies used to treat Lupus and lifestyle changes needed to manage Lupus. Read through the forums. If you have any questions afterwards, please ask and we will do all that we can to help you as much as we can.
    Your mother is very lucky to have you and you are doing one of the best things that you can do for her.......learn about her disease so that you can help her to manage it and to be an advocate for her health care. Also, so that you will understand what she is going through and how this illness can affect her. I applaud you for being there for her!
    So, we are here for you....you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!