Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Member Post Moved to this forum - Crystalcandance

Thanks

We are military and you do have insurance while your husband is in....but you must get another policy now! Once he retires, you won't have insurance anymore and if you have a lupus dx, it will be next to impossible to get one. your hubby should get an alternate insurance as well, since he will be in his 40s (or close to) when he retires and it will be harder for him as well.

Thanks

So do you have lupus too??? Did you get insurance through someone else?? If so who? I was talking with a family advocacy lady from base and she said that Tricare Prime would have to except us afterwards- but its super pricey for insurance. She thinks this is a good suggestion- I just dont know if we can afford a second insurance right now- do you know how much it runs if your not using it at the time? Someone else told me that b/c I have insurance during the diagnosing that they have to except me later on b/c I was insured at the time...but I dont believe that one bit. Otherwise I wouldnt' be warned as I am...Any suggestions as to go for? Where are you stationed? We are fixing to move to Utah - Hill AFB...I'm kinda excited b/c we live is such a remote area now that the medical care has to be way better later. ops:
    If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I STILL HAVE A DREAM!

Thanks

Well, I don't have an official dx yet, and it isn't even in my military record yet. I didn't know they had to accept you. Another thing to worry about I suppose. Anyhow, I have great health insurance through my job, and tricare is my secondary insurance.

I have life insurance through another company, which we got almost two years ago before my hubby deployed and right before I separated from the military. That policy can't change, even with an official dx. So, I suggest both of you get life insurance soon! We went through First Command. They are close to all bases and are great with the military. But, I'm sure there are plenty out there.