Thread: I just dont understand....RANT

Thanks

Default I just dont understand....RANT

A mother who has stayed home for the last 24 years raising her children, six of who are still at home. These children she has lovingly poured her heart and soul into, these are the children who are to be the next generation making decisions for our country and these same children are the next generation for Christ.
    Then this mother develops an auto-immune disease, one that can kill her and has thousands of dollars of medical expenses now and how much more in the future only God knows.

I am so stinkin mad right now. I have not worked outside the home since before my oldest was born. All of what I have done for my family and for our country( and I do believe that raising my children in a Christlike way and for them to be Christ-like is for the better-ment (is that even a word) of our country). Apparently tho because I didnt bring in a paycheck all these years I do not qualify to get any assistance.

I feel as tho nobody recognizes what I as a mom have done. I feel that moms who stay at home (and dont bring in that paycheck)are penalized for trying to do right by our families and for our country.

I applied for disability today and was denied. Here I am, Cant hardly walk, let alone do anything that I used to do for my family.....AArrgghh!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

First of all, you should know that Disability ALWAYS denies first claims. It is a practice of theirs in the hopes that no one will appeal. And I think that you should definitely appeal.
    They give all kinds of flimsy reasons why they deny our claims. I don't know too many who have won disability on their first claim. Almost everyone who has gotten disability has done so on appeal.
    Don't give up! Appeal the decision and be prepared to fight with them! It is not going to be an easy fight, but they are going to make you fight. So, be strong...stand up and fight!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I am SO sorry, NoodleMom!

If you've been at home for 24 years, they won't grant disability -- you have to have worked a certain number of quarters within the last so many years. We learned that crappy truth with my SO, she had been in public sector for 8 or 9 years (I think) and so even though she had enough overall quarters towards Social Security, she dind't have the "Recency" quarters to qualify for disability. Luckily, she was able to qualify through the state disability - as she had worked there for enough of the more recent years.

You'll need to check other disability programs in your state - ones that don't rely on how much you've worked outside the home.

Many hugs, and you should be proud of the job you have done - raising those children to be strong adults.

Thanks

thank you hatlady

I am so having difficulty remembering things and had forgotten I posted here. wish there was a way for me to be notified when I get a reply.

Thanks

At the bottom of when you reply or open there's a box to check "notify me when a reply is posted". I didn't notice that for a while.

I'm a house-wife, hadn't worked out side of home for over 15yrs. I do work from home now though for the past year. I'm raising my kids in a christian home too. I understand how frustrating it is. Saysusie's right, retry because they deny first, sometimes second aplications. I have a neighbor on disability from SSI. She never worked either, stayed home too. Divorced, aplied several times before she got it. Said there was SSI and SSI Disability. We live in FL, maybe its different each state. Hang in there, be tough. God never gives you more than He knows you can handle. Apperently your stronger than you think, just didn't relize it yet. You've done good being home with your kids, don't ever regret not bringing in that paycheck. I have friends and family who are working parents, and wish they were me. They have it tough leaving their kids daily, only to come home to clean and cook too on top of the guilt they feel. Its hard either way to me. Hang in there toots.

I have a favorite saying that cheers me up, hope it cheers you up: "to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world" author unknown.
    Cheryl

Thanks

found it thanks for the info and the encouragement.

I will have to share this info about disability with HubbyMan.