Thread: Hi there...New Member

Thanks

Default Hi there...New Member

Hi all....my name is Jules and I reside on the lovely peninsula called Cape Cod. I am currently an "vampire" at the local hospital. I was diagnosed last December with Rheumatoid Arthritis, this past May with Lupus. I am currently on Arava and Methotrexate, altho it looks like I will be starting either Embrel or Humira after the first of the year. I have tried other combos of meds, but being that the diseases are badly affecting my hands (along with other stuff) it looks like going to a "higher" level of treatment is going to be needed. I have a great doc, there are no complaints there; and being in the medical field, I have alot of tools available to me, and I have used them to research these diseases and their treatments six ways to Sunday. But I'm medical"ed out. I have so many questions, and to be honest with you, so much whining to do and I have to take the time to find people that I can talk to; there is so much more to say and explain, but I dont want to overwhelm in my first post. But I hope that I can find here what can help me beyond doctors appointments and medications, and I hope I can help others myself. I promise I wont whine toooooo much....
    I hope everyone had a great holiday, and I hope to talk to you all soon.
    Jules

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jules :lol:
    You need never worry about whining here. There is no such thing as far as we are concerend. We all understand the pain, the fatigue, the problems with our joints and muscles, the brain fog....I could go on, but you know what I mean. So, you are certainly in the right place to be among people who are more than willing to listen to you, to answer your questions, to provide information and to give you comfort and support when you need it.
    I am glad that you joined us. We are here for you and to let you know that you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Jules,

first of all - what Susie said.

And...welcome to a wonderful group of people who understand, care, and share. You're in a good place here, welcome!

Thanks

Hi, Jules - welcome to the 'family!' We've all been where you are - in some manner or another - and like Saysusie says, there's no such thing as 'whining' here. We just consider it all sharing!

My husband and I were on Cape Cod for a week last June - I absolutely fell in love with the place! How lucky you are to live there! Can I ask where you live on the Cape?

I hope you find as much information and support here as I have.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."