Hi all....my name is Jules and I reside on the lovely peninsula called Cape Cod. I am currently an "vampire" at the local hospital. I was diagnosed last December with Rheumatoid Arthritis, this past May with Lupus. I am currently on Arava and Methotrexate, altho it looks like I will be starting either Embrel or Humira after the first of the year. I have tried other combos of meds, but being that the diseases are badly affecting my hands (along with other stuff) it looks like going to a "higher" level of treatment is going to be needed. I have a great doc, there are no complaints there; and being in the medical field, I have alot of tools available to me, and I have used them to research these diseases and their treatments six ways to Sunday. But I'm medical"ed out. I have so many questions, and to be honest with you, so much whining to do and I have to take the time to find people that I can talk to; there is so much more to say and explain, but I dont want to overwhelm in my first post. But I hope that I can find here what can help me beyond doctors appointments and medications, and I hope I can help others myself. I promise I wont whine toooooo much....
I hope everyone had a great holiday, and I hope to talk to you all soon.
Jules