Thread: new

Thanks

Default new

hello, i have recently been diagnosed with sle. i get frustrated alot because my husband has to take care of me. how do you go from being the care taker to having to be cared for? it is so depressing! :?

any advice let me know
    cjc

Thanks

Hey CJC,

I totally agree with you. This is the pits. I cooked almost the whole Thanksgiving dinner and now I am paying for it. I just was diagnosed about 4 weeks ago. Before I would work through the pain and chide myself for being so out of shape and lazy. Now I just can't go on at times and have to stop, like now. I guess that is the difference between a flare and not. At least I hope that this is a flare. My husband is great. He is just glad that I am not dying at the moment.
    Btw. I live in Texas

I will pray that you have a very painless sleep tonight. :sleeping: :sleeping:
    Blessings form me to you,
    Karen

Thanks

Default thanks

thanks for your response, i try to not let everything bother me but most days that is impossible. how do you keep positive when you hurt so bad that you just don't want to go on?

cjc

Thanks

i totally understand. I am feeling the same way. I cannot do much of anything right now. I am feeling as tho I am going to be a burden for the rest of my life. Yesterday I was on the floor looking at something, when I finished I found myself stuck on the floor. My daughter came and literally lifted me to standing.

Kasey

Thanks

It is kind of the pits when your kids have to help get you up off the floor or a chair. I've had that alot lately because of the holidays and I am trying to do most of what I have done for the past 25 years. I have found that it is nice that some of the kids are old enough to help. Actually all of them are old enough to help, but this year they have rallied around my illness and found new strengths and talents. I am just thankful that there is someone to help. They don't seem to think that it is an imposition, at least.

In Him,

Karen
    :B-fly: