Thread: what are signs and symptoms of sezieres ?

Thanks

Default what are signs and symptoms of sezieres ?

hi out there,

i was wondering if there are any signs or symptoms to watch for with sezieres. i havent been feeling very good mentaly. i have the brain fog, but i also feel like if i try to do a task or think about something my brain freezes and i cant do anything but stare into space for a few minutes kind of scarey. does anybody else have sezieres?

ethanandrew[

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

A seizure is the uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain, which can produce a physical convulsion, minor physical signs, thought disturbances, or a combination of symptoms.
    The type of symptoms and seizures you may have will depend on where the abnormal electrical activity takes place in the brain, what its cause is, and other factors, such as your age and your general state of health.
    Lupus can cause problems with our Central Nervous System which can cause seizures in some of us. Researchers report that seizures occur from lupus at the onset of most of our disease and they occur in less than 5% of Lupus patients.
    Neurologic problems in lupus are, sometimes, difficult to diagnose and they can require more time to treat. Since seizures can be a feature of numerous conditions, it is imperative that you and your doctor distinguish the characteristics, physiological aspects, and patterns of your seizures and if they are indeed due to your lupus. Your doctor must determine whether seizures result from infection or metabolic abnormalities, or whether they are manifestations of a direct damaging effect
    of SLE on your brain.
    Some of the symptoms you mentioned are similar to CNS involvement that many of us call "Brain Fog". Some of us have brain fog due directly to CNS involvement because of Lupus. Some of us have brain fog due to Sjogren's Syndrome we developed along with our Lupus. There are many things that can happen when the CNS is affected by our disease. It can cause such symptoms as motor or sensory hemiparesis (one-sided weakness or numbness usually occurring in the face, arm or leg), slurred or garbled speech, encephalopathy (non-specific brain illness), recurrent aseptic meningitis (inflammation of the meninges, the coating that covers the brain and spinal chord, without the presence of infection), seizures, psychological difficulties such as depression, anxiety or panic attacks, bladder dysfunctions, or extraparamital disorders affecting the muscle movements.
    Another way the CNS can be affected is by "Brain Fog". This is a condition that most people are familiar with, and yet there is no medical term for it and it cannot be researched by putting ‘brain fog’ into an Internet search engine. The closest term would be ‘mild cognitive dysfunction,’ but this can mean a whole lot of things.
    Brain fog usually means a problem with our memory or difficulty focusing or problems with processing information or numbers or with paying attention. Many of us describe it as feeling not quite ‘all there’ mentally. While some fear that they are becoming demented or developing Alzheimer’s disease, this is not the case. In those scenarios, there is a completely different type of ‘dementia’. Our problems will not land us in a nursing home for chronic care. In fact, our brain fog is a relatively common condition that is brought on by a variety of factors which will have to be determined by you and your doctor.
    I hope that this has been helpful, let us know if you need anything further!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!