Thread: Bone Pain?

Thanks

Default Bone Pain?

Does anyone have bone pain, or understand what I mean? I get terrible deep bone pain in arms and legs, mainly lower legs and arms. I try to tell doc, but he says explain how it feels. I'm suppose to write it down in my journal for him so he can read it at next visit. I have no way of explaining except it hurts?!! He wants me to elaberate more so he can understand. Does anyone have this problem and can put it in better words? I'm pretty good at explaining things, but this just hurts alot. I can't think of words that would make him understand. Does anyone know how to relieve such pain? Its intense, meds don't touch it. Ashamed to admit I took a pain pill from a friend, but nothing happened, no relief. Is this a new part of joint and muscle pain? Should I call doc, or try walking it off. Sometimes that lowers the pain some, sometimes not. This is different, first skin wierd with no visible effects. Now this, its been bothering me before, but as an ache with mild shooting pain. This is entire bone pain, almost constant. Could it be weather? Can I get relief from this? I tried looking on internet for bone pain to see if I can find relief, but can't find anything on bone pain. Can someone give me words for doc to undrstand what I'm trying to describe for him? Thanks for reading this.
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have constant bone and muscle pain from my Fibromyalgia. I often describe the bone pain as feeling like someone has gone beneath my flesh and put a vice-grip on my bones. They hurt as if they are being squeezed with enormous force.
    I also get the muscle burning which I describe as feeling like someone is running a blow torch up and down my muscles. So, with the bone pain and the muscle burning....I am in excrutiating pain and, like you said, it is constant and unrelenting when it flares up!

Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

The muscle pain yes, good dicription. Thats how the burn feels, Thanks. The bone pain not quite, if you mean vice-grip as in pressure or squeezing pain. Come to think of it, it reminds me how it feels when someone frogs your arm, like when me and my son are playing "punch bug, don't punch back" when on road trips. That pain you feel when it hits, that deep one. Know what I mean? Is that the same as a vice-grip feel?
    Cheryl

Thanks

I completely understand what you mean! I have bone-like pain, too. It's hard to explain, but it feels like soreness or like a thick knife inside the bone or like a bruise inside the bone, I don't know. It is hard to explain. I get it mainly in my forearms. I have read in an autoimmune diseases book that bone pain is a symptom of lupus. When I get it, I just try to wait it out. But maybe try like a heating pad or some warmth on the area? I hope you are feeling well!

Thanks

Thanks for your words and advice. I tried a heating pad, really hot bath. Unfortunately it never reaches the pain inside the bone. Saysusie, sorry I didn't notice before you did say squeezing pain. I swear for some reason I didn't even see that sentence. I looked at that message over again and feel strange that my mind never even seen it, wierd :? . At least I know others do have bone pain. I never seen it discussed before, so I wasn't sure if that happened to anyone. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheryl