Thread: Thanksgiving - a time for gratitude

Thanks

Default Thanksgiving - a time for gratitude

A multitude of quotes...a multitude of thanks this time of year!

Albert Schweitzer:

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.
    Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

Albert Schweitzer:

To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude.

Alfred Painter:

Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.

Cicero:

Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.

Eric Hoffer:

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

Henry Ward Beecher:

Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.

And my own thanks for today and this season!

* Thank you SaySusie for this site - for the fellowship, support, comfort, knowledge that is shared here!
    * Thankful for co-workers who support and help me through out my day.
    * Thankful for the young man across the street who mows our lawn and takes care of the leaves. Such a mature young man at 16!
    * Thankful for that young man's dad who took our car to his shop to fix it - pick up and delivery!
    * Thankful for the coming visit from our dear "kids" and our newest niece. The first time we get to meet her - at 5 months old!
    * Thankful for all of you!
    and
    * Thankful for this wonderful gift of life.

Please add your reasons for being grateful today - we grow in blessings from sharing!

~hatlady

Thanks

What a great idea and time for reflection.

I am thankful for a loving, merciful,healing and forgiving GOD.
    I am thankful for a patient,loving and supportive family, especially my husband because he catches the bulk of it all.
    I am thankful for a job, with caring people that have more concern for me than the work.
    I am thankful for this site and all of those that support and allow themselves to be supported.
    I am thankful for my health because when I look back this time last year, it's not where it is now and I was on dialysis.
    I am just GRATEFUL! I could go on and on so I just say........

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

* I am thankful for the gift of being able to come here everyday and share with others who are kind, comforting, accepting, and so willing to give of themselves! Thank All Of You For Being Here.
    * I am thankful for my husband who is devoted to my health and my happiness.
    * I am thankful that God chose me to be the earth-mother to my children and that he gives me comfort and courage during these days without one of my children
    * I am thankful for the love of my friends and the support of my family.
    * I am thankful for Conrad who supports this site and who recognizes its importance
    * I am thankful for each day that I am given to once again do something for someone else!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!