Thread: Sweating

Thanks

Default Sweating

Just wondering - Does anyone have periods of excessive sweating? My daughter has had a few episodes where she sweats terribly and then it seems to go away. It usually lasts for several weeks and it may be weeks or more before it comes back. Thanks.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lupus can cause problems with the thyroid. About 1 in 10 patients with lupus suffer with this problem of autoimmunity. This is where the body attacks the thyroid gland that controls the body's metabolism. The thyroid gland can either become underactive or overactive. If the gland is overactive, it can cause sweating, anxiety, shaking, heart pounding and weight loss, if underactive the skin becomes dry, weight gain is a problem and you can slow down mentally. Sometimes the thyroid gland (which is found at the front of the neck) can become swollen.
    A thyroid problem is easily detected with a simple blood test. It is also quite easily treated. Perhaps you can mention this to her doctor so that she can be tested to see if her thyroid is functioning correctly.
    Please let us know what you find out!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks for the response and you are absolutely right. She was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease at the age of 13 (she will be 16 in two weeks) and it has been a roller coaster for her. Her thyroid has been stable off her medication for about six months now, but she continues to have problems that have worsened and changed. We thought it was all related to her thyroid, but now we are looking for other causes including other autoimmune disease. It is so hard to see your child, who is so full of energy go through this. This has been a bad week for her and it breaks my heart and scares her because she doesnt know what is happening to her. She wakes up in the middle of the night with pain (headaches, leg aches, stomach aches) and cries asking me what is wrong with her. She knows that something is just not right. One day she feels so worn out that she has to sit down to put on her makeup and fix her hair for school and the next day she feels better. One day she can't hold her head up in school and the next day she does fine. Sorry for the long post, I guess I just needed to vent.